KNX bridge UID issue

Hi all,
I am a beginner, my house is using KNX and i am trying OH for supervision
I am running OH on macbook pro for testing
I have openHAB version: 2.2.0 installed which i start in terminal using the “./start.sh” command
I have OH running and can see ETS telegrams in the terminal
I am working on things, using a thing for each actuator i have in the electric cabinet…
I setup the first one and it works fine, shows up in PaperUI and basicUI, problem is when i added a second one, got error about missing handler and The bridge must not be null and must be initialized…

Here’s my code so far:

I understand that it’s telling me that the second actuator in line 36 is not ‘‘connected’’ to the bridge and that i have to add the bridge UID to fix the problem but i do not know the syntax…
Thanks for your help.

You should post the error log.

I have seen the same when you are working on a live OH 2.3 (not 2.2) system with KNX2. Editing the *.things file live will cause some NPEs. We should raise a github issue for this.

If you restart the OH2 service, these NPEs should go away.

Ps: Use Code Fences

Hi, thanks for your answer…
Got a lot of erros in the terminal window, here’s a copy:

13:28:17.263 [DEBUG] [knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Bridge knx:ip:bridge is connecting to the KNX bus
13:28:17.266 [DEBUG] [.binding.knx.internal.client.IPClient] - Establishing connection to KNX bus on 192.168.0.29:3671 in mode TUNNEL.
13:28:17.269 [ERROR] [rnal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.initialize()' on 'org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.handler.DeviceThingHandler@36d5a914': The bridge must not be null and must be initialized
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The bridge must not be null and must be initialized
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.handler.AbstractKNXThingHandler.getBridgeHandler(AbstractKNXThingHandler.java:77) [208:org.openhab.binding.knx:2.3.0.201805260902]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.handler.AbstractKNXThingHandler.getClient(AbstractKNXThingHandler.java:81) [208:org.openhab.binding.knx:2.3.0.201805260902]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.handler.AbstractKNXThingHandler.attachToClient(AbstractKNXThingHandler.java:168) [208:org.openhab.binding.knx:2.3.0.201805260902]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.handler.AbstractKNXThingHandler.initialize(AbstractKNXThingHandler.java:128) [208:org.openhab.binding.knx:2.3.0.201805260902]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.handler.DeviceThingHandler.initialize(DeviceThingHandler.java:80) [208:org.openhab.binding.knx:2.3.0.201805260902]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.b1]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.b1]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
13:28:17.267 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'knx:device:bridge:theben1_1_21' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
13:28:17.272 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'knx:device:bridge:theben1_1_21' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)
13:28:17.273 [ERROR] [home.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing 'knx:device:theben1_1_22': The bridge must not be null and must be initialized
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The bridge must not be null and must be initialized
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.handler.AbstractKNXThingHandler.getBridgeHandler(AbstractKNXThingHandler.java:77) [208:org.openhab.binding.knx:2.3.0.201805260902]

and here’s the interesting part:

13:28:17.273 [ERROR] [home.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing 'knx:device:theben1_1_22': The bridge must not be null and must be initialized

I think i have fixed it, by moving a “}” sign from after the first actuator to below the second one, does that make sense??

yeah… line 35 (in your screenshot) should be moved to the end of the file

Yes, thanks :grinning: