KNX Funny behavour

Actually you can :wink: As I said, I used to operate a Merten 646630 Dimmer which did exactly this. It responded the current value on the same object as it received it. Crappy design? You may bet :wink: That‘s why I finally exchanged that thing with a modern Theben Dimmer. This Merten behaviour gave me some headaches with OH as you can imagine. But looking at the doc, this was exactly the intended behaviour.

Anyway, we are on the same path when it comes to nailing down the problem of this thread. We are assuming that there needs to be a object for setting the value, which is not active yet. Many KNX devices show certain objects only when activated.

Finaly, this is an ABB device… I used to run some of them as well and they had as well some strange behaviours designed in, especially when it comes to their plug in apps.

So good luck, i leave it to you for now, so this doesn not become to mixed in regards to tips an repsonses.

Have a great weekend!

Well, in fact, Merten 646630 has no level state at all (regarding to https://www.merten.de/uploads/tx_seqdownload/P646630_581_00_1_0_DE_Web.pdf) but only one object to set the level. But as it’s an ancient dimmer :wink:

Have a nice weekend, too!

Thank you for all your help - everything seems to be working now :slight_smile:

out of interest, what solved it?

Hi Frank. It was a mixture of things - changing the knx.items file to be correct and adding the extra object using the external program!