KNX rule does not work

You are perfectly right, but this is definitely out of my scope :slight_smile: I don’t know where to fix this.

1 Like

Could you please send another (actual) screenshot?
Configuration -> Things -> Eingangsbereich -> expand Channel (right button from paper basket)

Thanks Udo. But something seem to be wrong in my environment. As far as I remember I was able to list items I have defined to the conf/items filein the OpenHUB runtime, with smarthome:Items list. I tried the same today with an Item I have defined to overcome the channel issue - and it does not list?!
Or doen’t it list if the Item has an error in it?

And in addition the Eingangsbereich here:

That’s definitely not correct.

I recommend to completely delete all knx things and the bridge, then retry to create a bridge and one thing (don’t forget to link the thing to the newly created bridge).
After that, add a channel to the thing. The Channel link must follow the style

knx:device:<bridgename>:<thingname>:<channelname>

As soon as the link is correct, link the channel to an item.

1 Like

I will have to leave now.
Will be back next Tuesday and then do a you have recomended

You think also my rule will work then, no other issue or mistake on my side?

Seems almost ok to me.

rule "TEST"
when
    Time cron "0 28 12 ? * MON-SUN"   // trigger each day @ 12:28:00 p.m.
                                      // would be the same as
                                      // Time cron "0 28 12 * * ?" 
then
    KNX_Test_FL.sendCommand(ON)
end

Please pay attention to the word Time, openHAB is almost ever case sensitive, so time and Time are different.
It’s also essential to use double quotes for Time cron triggers.

This error is related to the Mochad X10 Binding
 do you actually use/need it? If not, uninstall it.

Question: did you deploy the Offline addons package?

Thanks Dim.
I cannot remove the mochad X10 Binding. When I click on the uninstall button in the Paper UI it shows a circle running and does this forever. If I push the refrech button topright it is still there showin again the unistall button.

To your second Question about deploying the Offline addons: I am not sure. I installed via chocolately. In the conf/addons folderis the “openhab-addons-2.3.0.kar” file. But I didn’t do anything else like an active deploy or install or activation for offline addons

oops
 I am worried that you have been “blessed” with a bug
 See: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/issues/729 + https://github.com/bcurran3/ChocolateyPackages/issues/50

In theory (check this in PaperUI): ALL addons have been installed

I would start clean and do a manual install on Windows. It’s not easy to clean up the system now (it’s possible but it may take you more time to remove crap than to start clean)

Backup your configs and redeploy :frowning:

What do you mean by: In theory (check this in PaperUI): ALL addons have been installed?
Should there be a offline addon binding in Paper UI? I have many bindings. Many of them are installed some not e.g. the denon/marantz bindging. If I click there on install, it does so so I can install and uninstall the denon/marantz binding.

I am a bit affraid to install manually. I am not the PC crack and had choosen chocolately because of that.

Are you sure thet I have to do this?

No, the offline addon is a package of all Addons. It is not an Addon itself.

Can you post 2 screenshots please:

one from the persistence services addons area

and one from the actions addons area

How many bindings in total appear as installed?

Here we go:
1st I have 14 persistence addons:

2nd I have 14 action addons:

Is there another way to unistall the Mochad 10 Binding, if it does not uninstall via Paper UI.
If yes, how?
If not, does this thread in the Mochad binding have an influence on my original issue, that my .rules file seams not to execute?

yeap
 it’s a mess

seriously consider starting clean
backup your existing configs and do NOT deploy the offline addons package

The Add-Ons that you don’t need should NOT be installed.

hmm ok then I take it :cold_face:.
One question: How do I properly uninstall the chocolately installation? Didn’t find any helpfull hint. Normally there is a uninstall package in Windows that cleans also registry etc. I cannot find it.

you just delete the installation folder (by default: C:\ProgramData\chocolatey and remove some environment variables (optional))

https://chocolatey.org/docs/uninstallation

remember to keep a backup of your OH2 configurations (if needed) from the conf folder.

Thanks Dim
I will have time next week to do so and will keep you posted.
Have a nice weekend. Regards Thomas

1 Like

So today I reinstalled manually.

OpenHAB started properly. All Bindings, Actions etc are on the Status install now.

I Installed the KNY bindings, did all definitions and defined a rule ---- and

It runs properly! YESS!!

So it was, as you advised, the chocolately installation that created a mess.

Only open point for the moment:

In the chocolately installation I saw in the classical UI the switches I had defined, without doing anything, they just apeared.
In the new installation the classical UI s empty. So it seams that in the chocolately version many things have been defined, which I have to set up manually now.

I have to check out, what I have to do, to bring the Items (Switches) from the paper IU to the classical UI. But I will do this the next time. For today I am done!
Target achieved, rules work.

Thanks for the help and the time!

1 Like