KNX slow in new OH3 (manual mirgration from OH2.3 to OH3)

My goal for the next days is to upgrade my long running OH2.3 to a fresh OH3.
I want to stick with the text configuration and migrate most of the items and rules by hand and give everything a clean-up.

I downloaded a fresh openHAB 3.0.0-RC2 and let it run under JAVA openjdk version “11.0.9” 2020-10-20 LTS. First task is to migrate the KNX1 (knx.cfg, knx.items) to KNX3 (knx.things, knx.items). But something is wrong in my new setup and I can’t spot the problem. The ROUTER and the associated device (here only 1 of 35 for testing) stay OFFLINE, however I can switch the light with a huge delay (2-10sec). So there is some communication.
If I keep the old OH2.3 running at the same time, I can switch the light instantly, but the response is seen in OH3 only after the same delay.

Do you have any idea where the mistake is?

my OH3 knx.things looks like this:

Bridge knx:ip:bridge "EnertexRouter" [ 
  address="1.1.0", 
  ipAddress="224.0.23.12", // this is the internal Multicast-IP of the device
  //ipAddress="192.168.1.XX", // this is the DHCP set IP in my local WLAN and in IP router
  portNumber=3671,
  type="ROUTER"
] {

Thing device U_SS_SA1 "MDT AKS-1216.03 Schaltaktor" [
    // 1.1.5 SA1 MDT AKS-1216.03 Schaltaktor 12fach, 8TE, 230VAC, 16A
    address="1.1.5",
    fetch=false,
    pingInterval=300,
    readInterval=0
  ] {
    Type switch : Licht_E_Bu_D1 "Decke [%s]" [ ga="2/1/50+<2/1/53" ] // Kanal G // wird geschaltet durch Licht_E_Bu_O1 Taste1
  }
}

My old OH2.3 knx.cfg looks like this:

ip=224.0.23.12
#ip=192.168.1.XX
busaddr=15.15.255
ignorelocalevents=true
type=ROUTER
port=3671
localIp=192.168.1.YY

The log shows that the router and devices are offline, sometimes the router is online, but device stays offline:

00:08:04.876 [INFO ] [del.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'knx.things'
00:08:04.891 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'knx:ip:bridge' changed from     ONLINE to OFFLINE
00:08:04.891 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'knx:ip:bridge' changed from ONLINE to UNKNOWN
00:08:04.940 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'knx:device:bridge:E_Bu_O1' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
00:08:04.942 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'knx:device:bridge:E_Bu_O1' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

I am currently in the middle of my migration.
So far everything looks good, no delay.

I am working only with one generic knx device and x channels behind but i guess this should be not a difference.
Can you try to stop the KNX Binding on your OH2 instance. Maybe there are some issues with the IP Interface if there are different connections open.

Thank you for the advice. The problem is still with me. OH2 is completely shutdown. The ETS5 Diagnose sees sometimes a telegram from my PC, but not always - if it arrives it has the delay. Strange! I will try to set up a RasPi with OH3 tomorrow and try there again. Let’s see. Good night.

How many Things do you have? Maybe this post will help: Openhab 2.3 with KNX2 Binding reacts very slow - #5 by teaserr

Hi, did You have any luck with this issue?

My new Pi4b OH 3.2 install (from scratch and only KNX binding installed) sometimes takes up to 12 second to do the actual light switching, and that’s also the time it takes for the telegram to appear on the bus.

Cheers,

A

I don’t know what the problem was. I abandoned the migration shortly after my previous post because I couldn’t fix the problem. Some months later I started again from scratch and never had this problem again - so it just disappeared. Currently running OH 3.2.0 Release build without any problems on x86 Hardware with Xubuntu 20.04 Linux.