KNX2 Binding: MDT rollershutter actuator - rollershutter state not reported back to OpenHab 2.5.1

I’m new to OpenHab and try to configure my rollershuters that work nicely in pure KNX for my 2.5.1 openhab setup.

I am having the following KNX setup:

• MDT IP Router
  • MDT rollershutter actuator
  • MDT glas switch

Controlling the shutters with this setup does work including the state shown on the glas switch. But in my OpenHab setup the shutter state is not showing up although being configured.

This is my OpenHab setup:

Bridge knx:ip:bridge "MDT IP Router" [  
    type="ROUTER",
    autoReconnectPeriod=60
] {
    Thing device ja1_1_0_23 "JA1 Jalousie Aktor" @ "KNX" [ 
        address="1.0.23"
    ] {
        Type rollershutter : chA "Büro - Jalousie"    [ upDown="3/0/11", stopMove="3/1/11", position="3/2/11+<3/3/84" ]
        Type rollershutter : chB "Büro - Rolladen"    [ upDown="3/0/10", stopMove="3/1/10", position="3/2/10+<3/3/77" ]
    }
}
Rollershutter bueroJalousie  "Büro Jalousie [%d %%]"            <rollershutter>  { channel="knx:device:bridge:ja1_1_0_23:chA" }
Rollershutter bueroRolladen  "Büro Rolladen [%d %%]"            <rollershutter>  { channel="knx:device:bridge:ja1_1_0_23:chB" }
sitemap knx label="Test setup" {
  Frame label="shutters" {
    Switch item=bueroJalousie
    Switch item=bueroRolladen
  }                
}

And here is the setup in the ETS on the actuator for the shutter on chB:

This is how it shows up on the basic ui:

When looking inside the openhab console the following warning is showing up:

13:58:52.751 [WARN ] [knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 3/3/77, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.
13:59:02.802 [WARN ] [knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 3/3/84, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.

So in the end the state is missing but it is definitely sent on the bus like shown here:

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much!

** Update **

The following is showing up on the bus:

So there is definitely a GroupValueRead request from openhab and a GroupValueResponse from the actuator but the log is showing at the same moment:

13:58:52.751 [WARN ] [knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 3/3/77, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.
13:59:02.802 [WARN ] [knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient] - Giving up reading datapoint 3/3/84, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.

:hot_face:

Ok after I switched to bridge type “TUNNEL” everything is working as expected.

The only thing that seems weird to me is that when I am pressing the “UP” button the state goes immediately to 0% and while the shutter goes up it updates to the correct state sent by the actuator. Is that normal behavior of the UI?

Ok I was able to solve the last problem as well. I just had to add autoupdate="false" to the rollershutter item.