KNX2 + HomeKit: How to get KNX items to show up in HomeKit?

Hi,

migrated to OH 2.3 two weeks ago and migrated to the new KNX2 binding (which caused a lot of work and pain). KNX2 binding works well now but i can’t figure out how get KNX2 items (like switches for lights or outlets) to show up in Homekit again? It did work perfectly when using OH 2.2 and KNX1 binding.

Has anyone gotten this working an can shed some light on this? Would be highly appreciated :wink:

Homekit binding itself is installed and pairing my iPhone worked out of the box (un- and re-installed homekit after upgrade to OH 2.3, cleared pairings and re-paired but didn’t changed anything).

Thank you and kind regards

Jan

Hi,

For my side, I just add the desciption in the items lines and it was working after a reset.

Regards.

Hi,

i do have descriptions in as well, here is a sample line of my KNX.items:

Switch DG_Jan_Light_Desk “Schreibtisch” (gJan,gLights,gKNX) { channel=“knx:device:GIRA1030:Merten_648495_7:Channel_73” }

Any chance you can show me one of your items? Just curious where a difference may is.

Thank you and kind regards

Jan

don’t you need to add tags to your items to get Homekit to recognize them?

Switch	DG_Jan_Light_Desk	"Schreibtisch"	(gJan,gLights,gKNX)	[ "Lighting" ] { channel="knx:device:GIRA1030:Merten_648495_7:Channel_73" }

Ref: https://www.openhab.org/addons/integrations/homekit/#item-configuration

Thank you so much, that fixed it. I’m now using this way to define the KNX items:

Switch	DG_Jan_Light_Desk		"Schreibtisch"	<light> (gJan,gLights,gKNX)	[ "Lighting" ] { channel="knx:device:GIRA1030:Merten_648495_7:Channel_73" }

Not sure if the “” is required, but doesn’t seem to hurt either and it’s this way defined in the documentation of the KNX2 binding.

Once again thank you!

Kind regards

Jan

1 Like