Kodi inputaction

at the moment i’m waiting on a response from @cweitkamp i’m not 100% sure but I think hes the one who’s responsible for the kodi binding so hes the best port of call

my problem is slightly different from your i have got OH V2.3 running Kodi Binding V2.3 its working fine but there is no option too select the Inputaction channel and as cweitkamp said further up in the post the inputaction channel should definitely be available in v2.3

Do you read the section in the docs for upgrading your system? E.g. on Linux you can change the version in your apt configuration. The latest binding version won’t work with older releases than 2.3 because it depends on new features introduced lately. For your purpose I suggest to use the 2.4 snapshot.

@Sharpy To be honest, I don’t have any new ideas on your situation. One thing I didn’t ask you after you had been upgrading your environment to OH 2.3 is if you tried to recreate one of your Kodi things afterwards?

Updated and working now, thanks.

The only issue now is fanart and cover images are showing as UNDEF when they were working in the old 2.2.0 setup. I haven’t changed anything else, just updated.

That has finally solved my issues i have readded all my installs and they all now have the inputaction channel thanks for your help on that

Nice. I am glad you got it working.

Hi again Gman do you have an update on your kodi version remote ?

How easy would it be too create a version of the remote that can control more than one install of kodi or even different media players so you can have just one kodi remote on screen and when switch 1 is on the remote controls kodi 1 when switch 2 is on it controls kodi two ect

is there a volume controll in your new version looks like im using a old version with only fanart play pause ect no interface controll ?

@Sharpy

Hi Aaron, you’re probably using the generic media control widget, which doesn’t have the extra Kodi buttons. I was making two versions as people were asking for a non Kodi one for any media player, and a the full fat one for Kodi with all the extra buttons.

I was hoping for some feedback on my generic one first, to make sure it was working the same for other people as it was for me.

I think there a few ways you could modify the code for two instance with a switch.
I hadn’t given that any thought before now, because personally I’ll have separate panels in those rooms with Kodi, so I’ll just link the panel to the instance in the same room.

Here is the current Kodi version, all buttons work on the right and bottom left, as does the duration bar, but not the shortcuts in the top left, I think they will become possible in a future version of the binding, so I’m going to remove them for now. I’m wanting to add duration and elapsed time too, but the binding only shows this as total seconds currently.

I just need to test it out on music, so far I’ve only tested it on movies and TV shows. It shows the extra text with TV shows for the episode name:

1 Like

If I could get this running on my system I would test things like music and TV shows and report back no worries
where can I download it?

Generic remote: My habpannel is on a ipad mini and when I scaled the generic remote too fit my pannel the buttons ect overlap as I don’t have much screen real estate could this be fixed? Other than that the remote seemed quite nice and functioned pretty much out of the box for my 3 different kodi installs

Is there volume controll in the kodi version?

3 volume buttons, bottom right, you can see in the screenshot.

On Android at least, I change scaling options to small, in a couple of areas, and that gets the whole screen a bit closer to how it looks on the PC. Perhaps there is some equivalent setting on an Ipad?
I believe one is in display settings, and the other is in chrome app itself.
You can even disable mobile scaling all together in the chrome://flags area.

Oh yes I see the volume now I was only looking for a slider style controll

I don’t have many options available on the ipad as im using a kiosk browser app too access the habpannel

If you can show me a screenshot, I can better understand where the problem is.

@gman

The problem is because the widget is sized so small it works nice when set bigger but like I say I haven’t really got the screen space

By the way this is a very nice widget thanks for uploading that Im looking forward too the kodi version

That looks odd, not how it looks on mine, or did you modify the css? I don’t see the green gradient or shadows, does the image become full colour when you hold your finger on it?

That is a very small space for the control to fit in to, the play back buttons could be changed to square instead of rectangle, that may fit it in to the space you require. The Kodi version definitely won’t fit in to that small space though due to the extra buttons.

I have not modified anything atm I wouldent know where too start I just downloaded it from the widget gallery in search for the kodi version

I agree that it’s a very small space and might even be hard too press the buttons on the widget this when this small

Yes it does

This is how it looks on Chrome on Android, on a 10" tablet.

1 Like

It looks very nice and might even not fit in with my pannel as mines very basic

Is there a walkthrough for getting started at custom simple widgets?
is it hard too get simple stuff working like 3 grouped sliders? Grouped buttons?

I don’t know how too code but I’m not stupid

And I’m not expecting anything like you have created atm I would just like too tidy my pannel up and make it more appealing

Should I just be looking into SITEMAPS atm?

I could probably convert that to a vertical layout using the movie cover image, instead of fan art. Get rid of the playback buttons bottom left, and add them to the right instead. That would probably fit panels like yours better?

Have you tried just as a test to use my theme, change your theme to orange tree, and use my css override available here HABPanel RELOADED - Modern THEME / SKIN + Custom Widgets, I’d be interested to see how that looked if it fit differently, as I’ve made untold changes to the theme css now, something could be interfering maybe. You can switch back to your old theme after.

It’s worth doing in my oppinionore choices in the widget gallery are always good

I will have another read through your post and get back too you

1 Like

@gman

I have been looking into this some more I have not installed your theme but I have edited some of your code for this widget

The pixel size of the buttons fixed my button problem the position on the widget was also off it doesn’t stick too the size of the pannel that I placed in habpannel

But looking into it more alot of my problems seem to be device related I fixed my problems for the widget with habpannel hosted on a computer and an android tablet but loading on the ipad mini things are far from perfect my browsers on the ipad also say they don’t support themes

So I’m under the assumption that your widget is fine it’s the device that’s hosting it too blame

Thanks for the update. The buttons were smaller to begin with but we’re too small to press. Glad you got it sorted a bit.