Kodi PVR Channels group

Hi,
I need help configuring Kodi binding. As documentation says it’s possible to use PVR channel selectors like this:

Selection item=myKodi_pvropenchannel

Using this on sitemap we can select PVR channel to play. Channel list is dynamically populated.

Is it possible to filter channels by Channel Group? To make few selector for example for Movie Channels, Sports channels etc.

Thanks for reply.

I think you could create multiple entries with Selection item=myKodi_pvropenchannel and add diffeent Selection values to it.
Then add visibilty to only show one or the other Selector.

Thanks for reply. I think you misunderstood me. Default Kodi’s thing definition looks like this:

Thing kodi:kodi:myKodi “Kodi” @ “Living Room” [ipAddress=“192.168.0.49”, port=9090] {
Channels:
Type pvr-open-tv : pvr-open-tv [ group=“All channels” ]
}

If I change “All channels” to “Sports” (it’s the name of existing Kodi’s PVR channel group). PVR channels are filtered in OpenHab.

I’d like to duplicate pvr-open-tv channel to create more accurate, filtered items, for example:

Thing kodi:kodi:myKodi “Kodi” @ “Living Room” [ipAddress=“192.168.0.49”, port=9090] {
Channels:
Type pvr-open-tv : pvr-open-tv-all [ group=“All channels” ]
Type pvr-open-tv : pvr-open-tv-sports [ group=“Sports” ]
Type pvr-open-tv : pvr-open-tv-movies [ group=“Movies” ]
}

But it’s not working as I excepted. Items connected with channel for ex. pvr-open-tv-sports not listing PVR channels at all.
The only configuration works for me is one and only channel:

Type pvr-open-tv : pvr-open-tv [ group=“All channels” ]

Ah, I understand.

Looks like pvr-open-tv is a defined Channel Type ID, so you cannot rename it.

Maybe you can create a new thing for the same device but with the Sports group.

Thing kodi:kodi:myKodiSports “Kodi” @ “Living Room” [ipAddress=“192.168.0.49”, port=9090] {
  Channels:
    Type pvr-open-tv : pvr-open-tv [ group=“Sports” ]
}
1 Like

I’m not sure if it not making unnecessary traffic (connecting to Kodi twice), but it’s working :slight_smile: Thank you for help.