Konnected - Beta Add support for Alarm Panel Pro

Zachary,
See my observations in this file.
Konnected troubleshooting.pdf (214.9 KB)
How do I enable debug logging?

thanks

In the karaf console you need to type

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.konnected

Also please make sure and download the version from the first post as i have made some updates to the binding.

Zachary,
Looks like my original problem is connected with the way I add .jar file. After I rebooted my server and factory reset Konnected pro board I got the connection and was able to configure channels.
Then I updated the .jar file and communication stopped working. I had to restart the server and factory reset the Konnected pro board again. Status is showing “online” now! I have to re-create all my channels which brings me to the next question that was discussed earlier. The switch configuration makes it look as if I can control the door from the HABPanel. I have a door sensor and all I need is to show if it is open or closed. Is there a way to configure Thing/Item combination to represent a sensor as a sensor?

I also have enabled debug like you said but have not found where the log is actually recorded. Will have to read some more about it.
Thanks.

@Valeriy_Miagkov

You can check the docs depending on your OS it will show you the file locations for the logs.

As for the sensor. You set the channel type as a switch. That creates a read only channel. With your items it will be on when the contact is closed and off when the contact is open. For your items you can use the sitemap to change whether the on value displays the on as “open” or “closed”

Here is my example front door sitemap entry.

Switch item=Front_Door_Sensor label=“Front Door” mappings=[ON=“OPEN”, OFF=“CLOSED”]

I have updated my openhab to 3.0. I like how it looks and feels more than 2.5.
However when I added the the above .jar file to /usr/share/openhab/addonsit does not show in the list of available bindings.Has the location for the file changed for openhab 3.0?

I haven’t upgraded to 3.0 yet and this file was compiled for 2.5 so not sure it will work with 3.0. i will need to compile a new version. I can do that and repost when it is ready.

That would be awesome.
Thanks.

having major issues with 3.0 and this binding.
The first 5 channels sync accross fine. the 6th doesn’t want to sync. i have 4 boards running with 21 channels in total.

Please help

@Christopher_Hemmings i will need to compile a new version for 3.0 i will do that this weekend. Sorry for the delay

Thanks heaps. It says version 3.0 and it works mostly but there are some issues. For now I’m using openhab remote binding to link to my 2.5 setup but eventually want to move over to 3

Has anyone managed to get the konnected 3.0 binding to work?

I added the binding and it auto discovered the device and configured the 2 default channels. As soon as I do that it caused the konnected Pro to panic and continue to do so repeatedly. The only way to stop is to reflash the device.

Any pointers on debug welcome.

@wr18962 Here is a link for a 3.0 version try this one and see if it works

https://lawbowling-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/zrc/EU2WGxN9BeZAom2X2XN_nbwBHGWYx-6-jV378_8H9WSD6w?e=hLOlC1

When i was compiling this i noticed a bug that probably didn’t get fixed in the automatic transfer of the binding from 2.5.x to 3.0. This fixes that and adds support for the pro module.

Please uninstall the binding that ships with openhab3.0 and install this binding manually.

As an update submitting for approval of these changes into the official binding in 3.0.x. Feel free to follow along there with progress.

[konnected] add support for Alarm Panel Pro by volfan6415 · Pull Request #9779 · openhab/openhab-addons (github.com)

Hi Zachary,

Once I install the UPNP Control binding the Konnected binding loads ok.

I have not tested exhaustively but the binding no longer causes the device to panic and I am able to control the 3 default output channels that are created (Alarm1, Alarm2, Output1).

When I try to create a read-only switch channel on one of the input channels it creates the following error:

2021-01-11 17:49:28.568 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: null

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:614) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:770) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.konnected.internal.handler.KonnectedHandler.lambda$6(KonnectedHandler.java:338) ~[?:?]

at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1541) ~[?:?]

at java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.forEach(Collections.java:1085) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.konnected.internal.handler.KonnectedHandler.constructSettingsPayload(KonnectedHandler.java:331) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.konnected.internal.handler.KonnectedHandler.updateKonnectedModule(KonnectedHandler.java:406) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.konnected.internal.handler.KonnectedHandler.lambda$5(KonnectedHandler.java:296) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards

-Lawrence

@lawrence, Thanks for the above can you upload the complete log file.

Thanks

Hi Zachary,
Hopefully this is what you need. I could not get any of the input channels (1 - 6 on the Konnected Pro) to work no matter how they were configured (Read-only Switch, Sensor etc)
There is no unusual output on the Lua console on the Konnected Pro
Let me know if you would like me to try something else to get different debug output

openhab.log (267.8 KB)

@wrtaff thanks for that. This is the file I need to look at. Can you first set the logging level of the konnected binding to debug by executing the command

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.konnected

Then once that is done restart openhab and wait a minute or two for everything to try and start and then upload the log file. My suspicion is that something is not starting up right and is crashing the binding when it tries to start, thus its not properly running. But i can’t tell what it is trying to do because debug logging is not enabled.

@wr18962 I also mean to add that the panic from the pro is due to a incorrect config file being sent to the device. There is a newer version of the pro firmware that was just released in december that is supposed to stop this behavior. That’s another reason i need to have debug logging turned on so i can see what json payload the binding is actually trying to send to configure the device.

Hi Zachary,
here is the log with debug turned on.
I did remove some of the obsolete OH2 bindings.

The binding now reading the state of the zones ok.

openhab.log (31.2 KB)