Kostal Inverter Binding only working at Night

Hi,
now I can see all 3 groups of dxsEntries Requested and Responsed correctly from the inverter.
What is the state of the Thing Kostal PIKO 10-20 and can you see any values in the Items, during this kind of capture.
Br Basse

Hi,
the behavior did not change. But, in difference to the captures before, these capture has been done after sunset.
I created you a 4th capture with the same addon version, but now from 12:30.

Hi,
in this capture is only 1 ( the first out of 3 )group represented and then every 60seconds.
I will try to redesign the binding with only this first block and see what happend then.
I try to split the different possible causes that might be reason for failure.
I will let you know, but in meantime, do you know the status of Thing and Items at 22:09:29 – 22:11:29 yesterday, in this capture were all blocks available?

Hi,
just made and uploaded a very ‘ugly’ version, but Please give it a try and capture as before, Please also check status of Thing and Items. The Channel Grid Output Power should have a value like 0W if the Thing goes ONLINE.

Please, also have a look at events.log.

The Thing status is Online and the Items are like this.

With the “ugly” version, the items did not change. The Thing is Online in the GUI.

I send you a new capture and the event.log file.

Now, at sunset, the value of “PV Output Power Total” switched to “0”.

The event.log changed at that moment.

Hi,
just a question, have you set up the items thrue the demo.items file or used the GUI.
I have found faults in the README.md file regarded to demo.items. I have totally missed to upgrade the info. about items in this file.
So Please try to use the origin-binding, and set up the Items thrue GUI / Things / Kostal Piko 10-20 / Tab Channels and link the Channels you like to use.
It might be that you have to uninstall existing Items and maybe also the Thing Kostal Piko 10-20.
And as always, just let me know, I don’t think we need more capturing for the moment.
I will do my best to update the README.md. There is some other changes I have done, not regarded to your case, so I will try to have all this changes in the next version.
Br Basse

Yes, I used the Demo Items from the Addons Documentation in an items file.(Kostal Inverter - Bindings | openHAB)

Now I removed the items and also the test binding. Reinstalled the binding from the “store” and configured some items in the GUI.
But the behavior is still the same: The items have no data and there is still the error in the events.log

To get sure it is not a general mistake in my openhab configuration I installed a second docker container, with a clean openhab and only the Kostal Binding installed. Same behavior…

I am just like the famous cat around…

I have just uploaded a new one to GitHub - basse04/Test_02
Please, if it’s not to much work, do as you did before in a new docker container with this new one.
And just to be sure, put it in /usr/share/openhab/addons and have a look in the Console / bundle:list that you actually have just this new binding running.
Should look like : 305 │ Active │ 80 │ 3.3.0.20220901135658 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Kostal Binding

There might be another Kostal Binding aswell there but this another one shall then be as:
285 │ Resolved │ 80 │ 3.2.0 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Kostal Binding
This one is stopped with bundle:stop 285

And as the cat proberly would have done, Please send me a capture, the events.log and check status of Thing Kostal PIKO 10-20 and Channels

The new Binding is active

Thing is online

Items are NULL

I send you the new capture an events.log

Have you add Link to Item… as Settings / Things / Tab Channels

Linked has the 1 sign attached to it

Great!
I can see in events.log that there is some problem with communication and the 3’rd block of dxsId’s is still missing, but at least some step forward. The Thing is online :slight_smile:
Do you maybe have possibilities to run OH3 on some other hardware, I have seen problems with Sonos and Docker, [sonos] Multiple docker networks interfere with binding · Issue #13077 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub
Just a wild guess, but somehow I think that the binding work, but have problems to get the requested data. I trying to found out how to find out if all Request’s actually are sent from the binding but not handled by the net. I think they are sent from binding , due to ONLINE, but somehow not to where Wireshark could see them.

Unfortunately will I be busy during the weekend, but I will do my best to continue asap. Until then keep up your good work and: I wish you a nice weekend.

BTW I live in Sweden and we have these days the highest power-prices ever, but also rather good with sun at least at daytime. I have still no battery connected but I have to and one is also ordered but not yet delivered.

Br Basse

Hi,

the communication problems must have been, stopped before I created the capture. I did not have the container in “network_mode: host” and changed that just before the capture.

I had a look on the Sonos Problem. That is also the network_mode thing. Sonos requires the host mode. My productive and now also the test openhab are running in “network_mode:host” so we should not be affected by that (My Sonos is working fine :slight_smile: )

I am on vacation for the next week. So we have to pause our debugging.
But, maybe I can install a fresh openhabian on a raspberry pi after I am back.

Thank you for your engagement and have nice week.

What is the price for a KWh in Sweden?

Hi,
I have my electricity counted on time-schedule so the price is everything between 0,02-0,6 Euro, but the average price for August was 0,223 Euro.
You will have a nice vacation, and we keep in touch!
Br Basse

Hi,

it took a bit longer but finaly I have a clean installation of openhabian on a raspberrypi. There is only the kostal binding installed.
I send you a message with the latest tcpdump file.

Hi,
what I can see so is the third part still missing. I am just looking for some more ways to found out why.

But so far, you can, Please try to, start OH in debug mode
sudo openhab-cli start [–debug] and the answers should be sent to karaf console or even to Frontail

Hi,
just uploaded another one, GitHub - basse04/Test_02

This one is with some delay (10 seconds)between sending the 3 different blocks and the Thing should be pending between UNKNOWN and ONLINE.
So Please, try and send me the capture and events.log