Koubachi not supporting new values

Great, thanks for your efforts! Sure, I’m happy to test it, just let me know.

Hi Patrick,

Here is a test JAR that is changed from the one you’re using in the following ways:

All default API URLs have “v3” in them instead of “v2”. Note that the only official documentation is for v2 (that either of us can find), so we might want to wait before merging this change until Koubachi has documented their v3 API.

The following new device properties are available:

• recentSoilmoistureReadingSiValue
  • recentTemperatureReadingSiValue
  • recentLightReadingSiValue
  • recentSoiltemperatureReadingValue
  • recentSoiltemperatureReadingTime
  • recentSoiltemperatureReadingSiValue
  • soiltemperaturePollingInterval
  • recentIrlightReadingValue
  • recentIrlightReadingTime
  • recentIrlightReadingSiValue
  • hardwareProductGeneration
  • hardwareProductName

Please let me know if I should queue up this change, or if you observe any problems with it. Thanks, Patrick!

John

Hi John

Your JAR file works great! I didn’t check all the new values, just tried a few:

• recentSoiltemperatureReadingValue
  • recentIrlightReadingValue
  • hardwareProductName
  • recentSoiltemperatureReadingTime

I compared the values with the ones in the Koubachi app, everything matches exactly.

Also checked that my old values still work.

Let me know if you want me to test ALL possible values. I guess it’s not really necessary, seeing the perfect result for the first few.

Thanks again for your great help, appreciate it! Now I can set an alarm, if my soil temperature gets bellow zero in winter :smile:

Cheers
Patrick

1 Like

Hi Patrick,

For future reference, my branch that supports these v3 values is here:

https://github.com/watou/openhab/tree/koubachi-v3-api

I am not submitting a pull request to add this change to openHAB just yet, because we don’t see that Koubachi has published new API docs for v3 yet. A proper pull request would be based on published API docs, and that thoroughly represent all possibly useful members that are available in v3.

If you see that Koubachi has updated the API docs to v3, please report back here (or on github as an openHAB issue), so my branch can be completed into a proper pull request against the Koubachi binding.

Here’s hoping openHAB helps keep your plants from freezing! :smile:

John

Great, thanks a lot. I will certainly keep you updated.
I just sent an email to Koubachi asking them about the documentation. Let’s see if I get an answer :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately we from the Koubachi team do not intend to update our API documentation. We have been acquired by another company and the Koubachi product line will not be developed any further. But all services, apps, infrastructure and support are still maintained (at least) the next couple of years. Despite the old documentation we recommend to use the v3 version of the API. All our applications use v3 as well.

Andreas

Thank you very much, Andreas! I’ve now created a pull request from my branch, and provided a test JAR in the meantime. I will update the wiki after it’s merged.

@pgruetter, would you mind trying it just to verify it works for you? It would be great if you could also try it on the current openHAB 2 build, if possible.

@Andreas_Borrnert: Thanks again for your response, appreciate the “inside” information

@watou: I tried the test jar in my current 1.7 installation, still works perfectly. I can try it in a openHAB 2 build, but haven’t set anything up yet so I will need some time for that. Is there a hard deadline by which you need the test result ?

It should be OK to try it after Beta 2 is available, which is soon. Ideally before the first 2.x release if possible. Thanks for testing under 1.x again. I will update the wiki page now…

Finally have some time to test this. I used the current demo for OH2 and deployed the JAR file, created a koubachi.cfg file and copied the items from my current installation.

The items I have are not updated. Do you know how I can further debug this? I didn’t get any errors in the log file.

Could you type

log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.koubachi

at the openhab> prompt and see what ends up logged?

Didn’t see much at first but removed and re-added the jar file to the addon folder and this is what I see in the log:

2016-03-20 19:47:16.049 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING - {org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler}={event.topics=openhab/command/*, service.pid=org.openhab.koubachi, component.name=org.openhab.binding.koubachi, component.id=177, service.id=284, service.bundleid=166, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.koubachi 2016-03-20 19:47:16.051 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING - {org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigReader, org.openhab.binding.koubachi.KoubachiBindingProvider}={component.name=org.openhab.binding.koubachi.bindingprovider, component.id=178, service.id=283, service.bundleid=166, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.koubachi 2016-03-20 19:47:16.054 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - BundleEvent STOPPING - org.openhab.binding.koubachi 2016-03-20 19:47:16.055 [DEBUG] [.koubachi.internal.KoubachiActivator] - Koubachi binding has been stopped. 2016-03-20 19:47:16.055 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - BundleEvent STOPPED - org.openhab.binding.koubachi 2016-03-20 19:47:16.056 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - BundleEvent UNRESOLVED - org.openhab.binding.koubachi 2016-03-20 19:47:16.059 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - BundleEvent UNINSTALLED - org.openhab.binding.koubachi 2016-03-20 19:47:34.151 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - BundleEvent INSTALLED - org.openhab.binding.koubachi 2016-03-20 19:47:34.250 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - BundleEvent RESOLVED - org.openhab.binding.koubachi 2016-03-20 19:47:34.255 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.binding.koubachi 2016-03-20 19:47:34.260 [DEBUG] [.koubachi.internal.KoubachiActivator] - Koubachi binding has been started. 2016-03-20 19:47:34.267 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigReader, org.openhab.binding.koubachi.KoubachiBindingProvider}={component.name=org.openhab.binding.koubachi.bindingprovider, component.id=185, service.id=303, service.bundleid=167, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.koubachi 2016-03-20 19:47:34.268 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler}={event.topics=openhab/command/*, service.pid=org.openhab.koubachi, component.name=org.openhab.binding.koubachi, component.id=184, service.id=304, service.bundleid=167, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.koubachi 2016-03-20 19:47:34.277 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found; Component will fail 2016-03-20 19:47:34.278 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found 2016-03-20 19:47:34.280 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] unbind method [removeBindingProvider] not found; Component will fail 2016-03-20 19:47:34.280 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] unbind method [removeBindingProvider] not found 2016-03-20 19:47:34.281 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found 2016-03-20 19:47:34.282 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] unbind method [removeBindingProvider] not found 2016-03-20 19:47:34.285 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found 2016-03-20 19:47:34.290 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] unbind method [removeBindingProvider] not found 2016-03-20 19:47:34.295 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.koubachi

Does that help ?

Yes, that helps! I will provide a test JAR soon.

Just to check, are you using a recent org.openhab.binding.koubachi-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar file, or an earlier version? These messages should have been fixed by this commit:

2016-03-20 19:47:34.277 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found; Component will fail
2016-03-20 19:47:34.278 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found
2016-03-20 19:47:34.280 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] unbind method [removeBindingProvider] not found; Component will fail
2016-03-20 19:47:34.280 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] unbind method [removeBindingProvider] not found
2016-03-20 19:47:34.281 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found
2016-03-20 19:47:34.282 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] unbind method [removeBindingProvider] not found
2016-03-20 19:47:34.285 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] bind method [addBindingProvider] not found
2016-03-20 19:47:34.290 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.koubachi ] - [org.openhab.binding.koubachi(184)] unbind method [removeBindingProvider] not found

Honestly, I can’t really tell. But I according to the filesize, it’s NOT the latest version but one you posted earlier.
Let me quickly check with the version you now mentioned.

1 Like

You’re right! The 1.9-SNAPSHOT works perfectly. So sorry to have wasted your time :worried:

So yes, I can confirm that the JAR works in OH2, including the new values supported by the API v3.

Thanks again for your work!

No problem at all! I will add the bits so the binding can be installed from the Paper UI (in some future OH2 build). Thanks for reporting the issue in any case. … PR #4196

1 Like

Perfect, thanks a lot

Is there any way to use Koubachi after they close their servers by the end of 2018 (http://www.koubachi.com/retirement/)?
Or have I just bought something that will become just a weird decoration in one years time?

I contacted Koubachi twice (directly after the announcement and one year after) and both times they told me that sadly they don’t know exactly what’s going to happen. It’s possible that they’ll release the software but i wouldn’t count on it.

My Koubachi died two days before the warranty was over. So i used the money i got back to buy 4 (!) Xiaomi sensors instead.