Latest Z-wave database for OH1

Hello,

It’s weird, but I’m still stuck with OH1, as have no time to upgrade it to OH2 (a lot of manual work to make it working), need to change my RPi, add all things etc. Meanwhile my OH1 installation works very well - I have about 30 Z-wave devices and all is pretty stable.

The only problem with OH1 I have is - there is no support for new Z-wave products - I have RGB2 Bulb from Zipato and Light Switch from Neo and both are not recognized with my binding 1.9.0 RC1(no database entry found). I have checked in Chris database - they are there, but not in my installation.

So my questions is: is it possible to resolve my problem by:

• either I could somehow patch my binding manually to make these devices recognized correctly - I don’t need sophisticated features, I just want to make them working.
  • or it is possible to export the database and put it into 1.9.1 version of z-wave binding.

Thanks.

Yes, but not the whole database.

The database will generate OH1 files, but I don’t want to export the whole thing as it’s much harder to handle than the OH2 database. You can however export a device, and create a PR to add it to the OH1 github repository.

From the database, select the Export button, and OH1 -:

This will create two bits of data -:

The first bit goes in the products.xml file (you need to find the right place for the relevant manufacturer) and the second part goes in the separate file for the device. Hopefully you’re at least vaguely familiar with the database format for OH1, otherwise a bit of time looking at the files should make it reasonably clear - otherwise, just ask.

Hi Chris,

Thank’s for that. But do you mean I still need to make Github PR to make it available to me, or I can directly use exported files to patch my installation?
Second would be great.

Yes.

Okay, If I’ve done everything right, there should be a PR from me.

Thanks. I think it looks fine. I’ve merged so it should be in the next snapshot.

Hmm, I thought it was merged automatically.

I installed it already, but now I’ve started to get another issue.
I’m trying to configureZipato RGBW Bulb 2 RGBWE2
I tried to make following item configuration:

Dimmer  Star_R    "Звезда Кр [%d %%]"       <switch> (Terasse)  {zwave="39:1:command=switch_multilevel"}
Dimmer  Star_G    "Звезда Зел [%d %%]"       <switch> (Terasse)  {zwave="39:2:command=switch_multilevel"}
Dimmer  Star_B    "Звезда Син [%d %%]"         <switch> (Terasse)  {zwave="39:3:command=switch_multilevel"}
Dimmer  Star_W    "Звезда Бел [%d %%]"  (Terasse)     {zwave="39:4:command=switch_multilevel"}

And get following error in z-wave log:

2018-12-09 19:07:35.979 [WARN ] [.b.z.i.c.ZWaveConverterHandler:417 ]- NODE 39: No command class found for item = Star_R. Class = switch_multilevel(SWITCH_MULTILEVEL), endpoint = 1. Ignoring command.
2018-12-09 19:07:36.659 [WARN ] [.b.z.i.c.ZWaveConverterHandler:417 ]- NODE 39: No command class found for item = Star_G. Class = switch_multilevel(SWITCH_MULTILEVEL), endpoint = 2. Ignoring command.
2018-12-09 19:07:37.237 [WARN ] [.b.z.i.c.ZWaveConverterHandler:417 ]- NODE 39: No command class found for item = Star_B. Class = switch_multilevel(SWITCH_MULTILEVEL), endpoint = 3. Ignoring command.

Am I’m doing something wrong?

No - it needs to be reviewed and merged by a maintainer (normally me for ZWave stuff). If code changes were merged automatically, there would be nothing to stop people making a complete mess of the system.

It’s not been built yet.

Maybe the device isn’t fully initialised? This is the most likely reason for this.

Oh, sorry, I’ve taken it from https://ci.openhab.org/job/PR-openHAB1-Addons/

Is it wrong compile?

Yes. It is dated before I merged the PR.

Yeah, but build #2365 says, that my change is there :wink:

That is only a PR compile as part of the CI. It will not deploy the artifacts to the link you provided in your earlier message.

When you create a PR, there is a compile to see if your PR works, but clearly we don’t merge this into master automatically.

Well, I took the file from https://ci.openhab.org/job/PR-openHAB1-Addons/ws/distribution/target/
And seen from date stamp, that z-wave binding there is from this build, so I assumed it’s right.

Fine - if you took the build from the PR build, then yes, it will be there, but that’s not what you posted with the link earlier.

Anyway, it sounds like you’ve got it under control, so no problem.

So testing Zipato RGBW Bulb 2 further. It seems opposite to Fibaro it has no different endpoints, but just one.
I got dimming working by specifying:

Dimmer  Star_B    "Звезда Син [%d %%]"         <switch> (Terasse)  {zwave="41:command=SWITCH_MULTILEVEL"}

But no solution yet to make color change. Can you help me?

So noone made Zipato RGBW Bulb 2 working with OH without using specific Color thing?

I think that would require to use the COLOR command which is not available in the OH1 binding.

Probably an annoying advice but you should better put your efforts into migrating rather than getting stuff to work with OH1.

1 Like

Well remembered - it’s been 3 years now since there was development on OH1, and I forgot that the color command class was not implemented until OH2…