Latest Zwave binding missing module?

I doubt that’s likely - XStream is used to read all the thing definition files in the core, so every binding uses it. Unless of course that’s all changed now to use a different XML parser - possible, but that would be quite a significant change.

Hi Mark,

copied the xstream-1.4.jar to addon folder. No output in the logs.
copied latest zwave snapshot to the addon folder, behavior as before:

2019-05-05 15:32:21.886 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [259]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream; version="[1.4.0,2.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

Hi Chris,

could you please tell me where to find a zwave.jar that is able to recognizing all my new FGR-223 Fibaro Roller Shutter, but also old enough not to run into this… very special problem with this xstream stuff?

Thank you very much!

Since I don’t know what the problem here is, I can’t really answer - sorry. There is no archives of JARs, so if the M1 version doesn’t contain your devices, then there won’t be any other option I’m afraid.

thats a pitty, anyhow, if you like me to try something with my setup let me know

In the Karaf console, what do you see when you run this?

list -s | grep xstream

In a recent 2.5 snapshot (build 1587), I see this.

openhab> list -s | grep xstream
 65 │ Active │  80 │ 1.4.7.1               │ org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream

In an older 2.5 snapshot (build 1502), I see nothing.

If this bundle is not installed, try dropping this jar in addons.

http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream/1.4.7_1/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream-1.4.7_1.jar

5 Likes

no output…

copied xstream-1.4.jar to addon, restarted, no output using list -s | grep xstream

same for 1.4.7_1jar

Hmm. That’s odd. When I drop it in addons, I get this.

openhab> list -s | grep xstream
261 │ Active   │  80 │ 1.4.7.1                │ org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream
$ ls -l /opt/openhab2/addons/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream-1.4.7_1.jar 
-rw-r--r-- 1 mark mark 548391 May  5 10:01 /opt/openhab2/addons/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream-1.4.7_1.jar

I’m gonna try putting the latest zwave binding in my build 1502 addons directory to see what happens.

1 Like

but!

afterwards I copied zwave.jar into addon folder and it works
seems to be that 1.4.7_1.jar is the solution for me

Thanks a lot!

Excellent! Glad that got it sorted out.

Please mark my post above as the solution.

I think there’s also a way to install that bundle directly from the console by specifying the maven coordinates, but I haven’t figured that out yet.

openhab> bundle:list -s | grep zwave
262 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.0.201905050432     x org.openhab.binding.zwave

looks good!

1 Like

Hi all,
Same for the Zigbee binding.

last xstream pass a step but now starting the bundle require gnu.io

@MacFly What’s the exact message you’re getting in the log?

243 ? Installed ? 80 ? 2.5.0.201905050432 ? openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Binding
244 ? Installed ? 80 ? 2.5.0.201905050432 ? openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Telegesis Bridge
245 ? Active ? 80 ? 1.4.7.1 ? Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: xstream
openhab> bundle:start 244
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
Error starting bundle 244: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis [244]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.usbserial

openhab> bundle:start 243
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
Error starting bundle 243: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee [243]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io; version="[3.14.0,4.0.0)"

it seems I’m not able to mark your post as a solution…
no checkbox…:frowning:

@rlkoshak Is it no longer possible to mark a post as the solution?

@MacFly Hmm. I’m not sure what to suggest about that. Sorry.

It have worked on friday, to shame i deleted the files …
anyway thanks for your answer

@MacFly One other thing you could try… Install another binding (using Paper UI or addons.cfg) that uses the gnu.io package. According to this search, there are a bunch to choose from.