Launch karaf console on openhab2

please try

ssh karaf@ip.adress.of.RaspPI -p8101

as karaf listens at non-standard port.

As you can see, your posting is slightly deformed. please use code fences to quote code (use three backticks in a row ahead and after the code ``` )
This is especially important as the # is transformed to “Heading”, so there is no way to guess the original code…

yes that was what I did.

logging related settings are also defined in the file runtime/karaf/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg For example the log level for bindings can be set there (similiar to the console, in fact I think the console command is getting persisted in this file).

second, please try ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101 with password habopen

2 Likes

does not work either.
Just to be sure, I’m not working locally on the raspberry (has no keyboard and screen connected)
so I’m always ssh into the raspberry.

so I assumed that doing that “ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101” with password habopen would not be possible from within one ssh session to another. Anyway, I tried and it did not work either

that was indeed better. I was able to turn of all the info’s I did not want to see (for now) and I did indeed found an error that I had not seen before.

(and that I don’t understand yet, as he’s complaining about something that does work… )
aka to be continued…

Yes, the idea is to ssh locally (even if this means to ssh inside a ssh session). For ssh from another host some settings around network security have to be applied. I am using Ubuntu so not sure if raspberry requires something different here.

Another workaround would be to start openhab with the start.sh script. This ends also in a Karaf console.

2 Likes

for me, user/password is karaf/karaf, so please try

ssh karaf@localhost -p8101

or remote

ssh karaf@ip.from.raspberry.pi -p8101

with password karaf

1 Like

with password karaf
did the trick. thank @Udo_Hartmann

1 Like

It seems like your setup is older then this post by @Kai
https://community.openhab.org/t/ssh-login-changes/12047

mm, interesting I had the impression I had the last version of openhab2.

Is there a way in the openhab “website” to see what version is running?

Are you using a"nigthly" setup? If not karaf/karaf should still be OK

When I originally installed it , I assumed I did, now I realized I did not
And I don’t know how to install them.

As I’m very new, I’m probably better of with a more stable version anyhow…

y

OSGI Access

ssh openhab@127.0.0.1 -p 8101
Passwort is “habopen”

1 Like

Hi
I have the same problem
both
ssh karaf@localhost -p 8101
with password karaf and
ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101
with password habopen
presents with returning password prompt
does not work
I can get to console via start.sh
running OH2/rpi
any ideas ?

Hi
I updated to snapshot from RC1 and on #808 the openhab/habopen works to get to console
Dont know if it was just RC1 …
anyway i am working
P

my console suddenly not able to login with below msg,

no matching cipher found: client aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com,chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com,arcfour256,arcfour128,aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,cast128-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,arcfour,rijndael-cbc@lysator.liu.se server

this is my test pi and just installed, I still able to login console yesterday and today fail,
in putty, I able to login to another pi console, just this one fail, any idea why?

Worked for me as well! I got this error then tried “ssh openhab@127.0.0.1 -p 8101”.
Received disconnect from 127.0.0.1: 2: Session has timed out waiting for authentication after 120000 ms.
[14:33:18] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ ssh karaf@localhost -p8101

Pretty normal after first start, the host.key has to be generated on first start. Try a second or even third time and then it should work …

I wonder if openHABian should trigger the generation in the background!?

1 Like

If you are able to find a technical solution for that I think that would be great.