LGWebOS Binding (for LG WebOS TVs)

Sorry, but where can I find the latest version of this binding?

Thank you @baz_karabaz.
I can confirm that command ENTER at channel rcButton simulates the press event “OK”.

The newest stable snapshot build you find here:
bundles/org.openhab.binding.lgwebos/target/
Please be aware of possible binding dependencies, i.e. install at your own risk.

Regards,
Andy

1 Like

Hi. Did you solve this problem?

I have the same behavior. UP, DOWN etc. works fine, but not OK command.
When I tested it with beta version of openhab 2.5.M3 there is no problem, sendButton(“OK”) simulates remote OK button. With openhab 2.5.6 stable it does not work.

For now it works fine with rcButton channel on 2.5.8 stable release.

Hey, does anybody knows how I can get only the current channel? I want only the current channel, not the current channel plus the huge drop down.

I’m trying to add the current channel to a habpanel widget and I get this

Thanks!

just output as Text in sitemap, I’d say.
cannot comment on happanel

Yep, output as text is ok in the sitemap, but I don’t know how to do this in habpanel.

Items config.:
String LG_TV0_Channel "Channel [%s]" { channel="lgwebos:WebOSTV:tv1:channel" }

Widget:
<div class="name">Channel<div class="value">{{itemValue('LG_TV0_Channel')}}</div></div>

Hi! Thank you for great binding!
Using it with UHD LG 2020 TVs, and have some issues when i press VOLUME UP & DOWN button:

2020-09-29 11:33:43.239 [WARN ] [bos.internal.handler.LGWebOSTVSocket] - Error while processing message: {"type":"response","id":4,"payload":{"volumeStatus":{"cause":"volumeUp","mode":"normal","adjustVolume":true,"activeStatus":true,"muteStatus":false,"volume":78,"soundOutput":"external_arc","maxVolume":100},"returnValue":true,"callerId":"com.webos.platformstarfish"}} - in response to request: ServiceCommand [type=subscribe, target=ssap://audio/getVolume, payload=null] - Error Message: null
2020-09-29 11:34:40.657 [INFO ] [rthome.model.script.   ---> Counters] - Счетчик газа = 199.36 м³.
2020-09-29 11:35:58.885 [WARN ] [bos.internal.handler.LGWebOSTVSocket] - Error while processing message: {"type":"response","id":4,"payload":{"volumeStatus":{"cause":"volumeUp","mode":"normal","adjustVolume":true,"activeStatus":true,"muteStatus":false,"volume":79,"soundOutput":"external_arc","maxVolume":100},"returnValue":true,"callerId":"com.webos.platformstarfish"}} - in response to request: ServiceCommand [type=subscribe, target=ssap://audio/getVolume, payload=null] - Error Message: null
2020-09-29 11:36:00.346 [WARN ] [bos.internal.handler.LGWebOSTVSocket] - Error while processing message: {"type":"response","id":4,"payload":{"volumeStatus":{"cause":"volumeDown","mode":"normal","adjustVolume":true,"activeStatus":true,"muteStatus":false,"volume":78,"soundOutput":"external_arc","maxVolume":100},"returnValue":true,"callerId":"com.webos.platformstarfish"}} - in response to request: ServiceCommand [type=subscribe, target=ssap://audio/getVolume, payload=null] - Error Message: null

Hi @martiniman
looks like there is a problem in the volume subscription mechanism.
So does this occur persistently even if you restart your TV?

Yes, this is occur persistently.

It is non visible: only asterisks :frowning:Immagine

please read in the binding documentation how to retrieve it via the karaf console

please read in the binding documentation how to retrieve it via the karaf console

You mean:

smarthome:lgwebos accesskey - show the access key

I already tried but can’t find the right UID:

openhab> smarthome:lgwebos 75802409-bccb-40e7-9f6c-E0286DA78135 accesskey

Bad thing id ‘75802409-bccb-40e7-9f6c-E0286DA78135’

Thanks for any help!

UPDATE: thingUID is lgwebos:WebOSTV:mytvname !!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

you obtain your thing id from the PaperUI > Configuration > Things

It starts with lgwebos:WebOSTV:
so probably lgwebos:WebOSTV:75802409-bccb-40e7-9f6c-E0286DA78135

1 Like

Hi,

I used the following and it works :

smarthome:lgwebos lgwebos:WebOSTV:79e0f497-3de7-a59e-867d-2720b74546ff accesskey

Hi,

I have the same volume problem with my 2020 webOS LGTV.
I am using the LG webOS Binding version 2.5.7

The TV was paired successfully and I can control the volume from openhab.
However, when the volume is changed, we get an error.
as you can see the volume is reported correctly, but the “payload=null” causing problem.

2020-11-08 19:42:39.470 [WARN ] [bos.internal.handler.LGWebOSTVSocket] - Error while processing message: {"type":"response","id":2,"payload":{"volumeStatus":{"activeStatus":true,"adjustVolume":true,"maxVolume":100,"muteStatus":false,"volume":11,"soundOutput":"tv_speaker","cause":"volumeUp"},"returnValue":true,"callerId":"com.webos.platformstarfish"}} - in response to request: ServiceCommand [type=subscribe, target=ssap://audio/getVolume, payload=null] - Error Message: null
2020-11-08 19:42:39.790 [WARN ] [bos.internal.handler.LGWebOSTVSocket] - Error while processing message: {"type":"response","id":2,"payload":{"volumeStatus":{"activeStatus":true,"adjustVolume":true,"maxVolume":100,"muteStatus":false,"volume":12,"soundOutput":"tv_speaker","cause":"volumeUp"},"returnValue":true,"callerId":"com.webos.platformstarfish"}} - in response to request: ServiceCommand [type=subscribe, target=ssap://audio/getVolume, payload=null] - Error Message: null
2020-11-08 19:42:40.090 [WARN ] [bos.internal.handler.LGWebOSTVSocket] - Error while processing message: {"type":"response","id":2,"payload":{"volumeStatus":{"activeStatus":true,"adjustVolume":true,"maxVolume":100,"muteStatus":false,"volume":13,"soundOutput":"tv_speaker","cause":"volumeUp"},"returnValue":true,"callerId":"com.webos.platformstarfish"}} - in response to request: ServiceCommand [type=subscribe, target=ssap://audio/getVolume, payload=null] - Error Message: null

Hi @shmilgan

It appears to me that the response format has changed.

{
   "type":"response",
   "id":2,
   "payload":{
      "volumeStatus":{
         "activeStatus":true,
         "adjustVolume":true,
         "maxVolume":100,
         "muteStatus":false,
         "volume":11,
         "soundOutput":"tv_speaker",
         "cause":"volumeUp"
      },
      "returnValue":true,
      "callerId":"com.webos.platformstarfish"
   }
} 

Binding expects “volume” as a member of “payload”, but in this case “volume” is encapsulated in “volumeStatus”.

I guess we have to handle this condition and update response handling accordingly. It will take me some time however to get to this.

opened bug #9000 for this

do similar issues occur on other subscriptions, e.g. on mute?

Mute

2020-11-15 12:23:55.474 [WARN ] [bos.internal.handler.LGWebOSTVSocket] - Error while processing message: {"type":"response","id":17,"payload":{"volumeStatus":{"activeStatus":true,"adjustVolume":true,"maxVolume":100,"muteStatus":false,"volume":10,"mode":"normal","soundOutput":"tv_speaker"},"returnValue":true,"callerId":"com.webos.surfacemanager.audio"}} - in response to request: ServiceCommand [type=subscribe, target=ssap://audio/getVolume, payload=null] - Error Message: null