LGWebOS Binding: steps to switch from binding to addon jar-file?

My Openhab setup is on a Raspberry Pi-2 with Openhabian 2.4.0-1.

Java details:
openjdk version “1.8.0_222”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu8.40.0.178-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_222-b178)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu8.40.0.178-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.222-b178, mixed mode, Evaluation)

I have an LG TV and installed the ‘lgwebos’ binding through the addons.cfg file. Everything works fine.
Now I want to use the latest snapshot build (lgwebos-2.5.0-snapshot-201909232353) because in that version I can use the getActions function if I understand correctly.

val actions = getActions("lgwebos","lgwebos:WebOSTV:3aab9eea-953b-4272-bdbd-f0cd0ecf4a46")
 if(null === actions) {
        logInfo("actions", "Actions not found, check thing ID")
        return
 }

But what are the required steps to switch from the official binding to this snapshot build?
This is what I did but it doesn’t seem to load the snapshot (I deduct that from the fact that my TV is not detected anymore after restarting the openhab service):

1. ssh in to my openhabian pi
  2. go to /usr/share/openhabs/addons
  3. stop openhabian: sudo service openhab2 stop
  4. copy the lgwebos-2.5.0-snapshot-201909232353.jar in this folder
  5. set the rights on the jar-file for the openhab and openhabian user:
  6. sudo chown openhab:openhab org.openhab.binding.lgwebos-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
  7. sudo chown openhabian:openhabian org.openhab.binding.lgwebos-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
  8. clear cache: sudo openhab-cli clean-cache
  9. remove ‘lgwebos’ from my addons.cfg file
  10. start openhabian: sudo service openhab2 start

What am I doing wrong or forgetting?

Should I rename the jar-file maybe?

The second chown overwrites the first one, it is not cumulative. Useraccount openhabian has access rights, not openhab. I don’t use openhabian, but to my understanding, the openhab service runs under user openhab:blush:

BTW, if the correct binding is loaded and active can be checked in the Karaf console with binding:list.

1 Like

As @noppes123 mentioned don’t use openhabian! For a openhabian install, like the one I’m running, the correct rights will be for openhab. Just ssh to verify.:wink:

Thanks for your replies. I found out from this post why it couldn’t get the snapshot binding to work. I use OH2.4 and OH2.5 is required for the latest binding snapshot. So I’ll set up a playground for OH2.5 and continue from there.