Light Color RGB/RGBW/RGBCW to and from HSB+Dimmer Conversion

Can someone please share his config for Sonoff B1/Ailight/Arilux bulb working with Tasmota > 5.14 where HSB is adopted ? i cant figure out how to set up color picker, none of the above config is working with tasmota 6.2.1 and Ailight bulb.
MQTT from tasmota shows:

MQT: stat/S_ledZarowka1/RESULT = {"POWER":"OFF","Dimmer":0,"Color":"0,0,0,0","HSBColor":"0,0,0","Channel":[0,0,0,0]}

Completely agree as we get more and more users wanting Openhab to be a simple point and click platform and not have complex rules. Even for advanced users, a binding takes less time to setup and can provide better logging for when things go wrong

I used to do a similar thing and have rules in the first post of my thread here which may interest you as they look very similar to what you are doing

Hopefully what will interest you more is that I have written a binding which I have made opensource and your welcome to use it and transform it into something that does your job. It takes a MQTT stream, decodes it and updates openhabs channels.

Example MQTT that goes in and out of the binding is this format

Topic: milight/states/0x7825/rgbw/3
Message: {"state":"ON","level":100,"hue":258,"bulb_mode":"color"}

If you have 20+ globes to setup, the time savings is huge especially if you make a change to your rules, having to replace the change into 20+ rules each time is a pain. Hopefully the binding is close to what you need and can be adapted quickly

Any chance of adapting your milight binding to control Tasmota RGBW bulbs?

I have zero interest as I don’t own any, but others are welcome to do it.

Also it would be better to implement any support into the mqtt binding and not create a stand alone binding. The espmilighthub binding was created before the mqtt binding had that ability.

1 Like

Hello,

I have the problem, that I build the 2 rules, but when Changing a value it seems I have a “loop” build with this to rules.

The one reacts on Update and postupdate the second reacts on command and send command

I User OH3.

Any Idea ?

Hello
Can this rule convert info (mqtt ) to and from wled , mi-light and Phillips hue do you know ?? so they can all sync together ,this wood be nice :slight_smile: on big family .

Or do anyone know were i can find some info for this i`m not a coder at all so ,a little push in the right direction wood be nice , thanks