LightwaveRF Binding Updated

a couple of things with the binding , old firmware that work should it still work, ie backwards compatibility ?

if the fields appear in the log with warnings from the binding , there supported after all its a simple text field ? or would the system bail as there are a few unknown elements ?
[ the fields of information look pretty sane , and could be tweaked ? ]

not sure where to ask this, what is to be supported, all we can ?, a selection of firmwares or just the latest firmware/equipment ?

Hi All, trying to get the the Gen 1 double dimmer to be registered, have seen 3x new devices in paper ui so have added them but when i try to link/pair them they just dont seem to pairā€¦
The device shows a .1 .2 and .6 - the latter does not create a switch in paper ui.
I have however created switch/sliders for all three in basic ui but still cant get it to pair - any ideaā€™s?
Double%20dimmer

I have the lightwave hub working with power sockets and relays only. I will find the lightwave binding version when home. I have a rfxcom unit on the way and hopefully compare notes

With the rfxcom binding, i guess you added these manually, I guess the values after the lighting 5 are the Lightwave Serial Id ?

1 Like

Ah, yes and no. The id can be anything, you just need to make sure when your ready to pair the item you just need to put the device into leaning mode - trigger the switch relating to that device via paper or basic ui and then that device will take the associated id.
Took me time to remember how :slight_smile:

So - i chucked any id in to get the device paired (manually created thing):

Once bound:

Then created the config in one of my.items files:

Dimmer BedRoom_Light "Master Bed Room Light [%d %%]" (Alights) [ "Lighting" ]
        {channel="rfxcom:lighting5:9ae9b72a:command",
         channel="rfxcom:lighting5:9ae9b72a:dimmingLevel"}

Hope that helps - poke me if you need more infoā€¦ Now to the bat cave to get Netatmo workingā€¦

1 Like

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to add a mood switch or wire free switch to openhab ?
if so could you share :slight_smile:

They appear automatically with a rfcom device when setup to receive lightwaverf

Hi
Can someone please help me, complete noob here!

I have a gen 1 Lightwaverf link and Iā€™m trying to get this working with OpenHAB.

I am testing on a windows pc, I have dropped the 1.8 .jar file into the add ons folder, how do I now add my devices? I canā€™t find a guide.

Thank you

some docs

https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/lightwaverf1/

there are newer bindings
ive found

https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf/1.14.0-SNAPSHOT/

Thank you, i will try those bindings.

Do you know where i can get an example lightwaverf.cfg file? I think this is the only thing i am missing now.

Will the switches then show in paper ui?

nothing will show up in paperui as the lightwave binding is v1 system

using the lightwave system u add your devices then refer to them using

Switch Relay1 (lightwaveitems) { lightwaverf="room=2,device=5,type=SWITCH" }

within openhab items

there is one somewhere there, here is mine i think its pretty stock

lightwave.conf

LightwaveRf Binding #####################################

The IP Address of the LightwaveRf Wifi Link you can use the broadcast address (required)

lightwaverf:ip=255.255.255.255

The port to monitor for messages you shouldnā€™t need to change this

lightwaverf:receiveport=9761

The port to send messages on, it will also be monitored for incoming messages

you shouldnā€™t need to change this

lightwaverf:sendport=9760

For a new computer you will need to register it with the wifi link to be allowed to send messages

setting this to true we will send a registration message on startup. You will need to confirm

registration on the wifi link. There is no harm leaving this as true but you can set to false

once you have registered for the first time.

lightwaverf:registeronstartup=false

Delay between sending messages in ms to avoid swamping Wifi Link

lightwaverf:senddelay=2000

Timeout for OK Messages in ms, we will retry messages we donā€™t receive an ok for in the timeout

lightwaverf:okTimeout=1000

Hi All,

I recently installed openhab2 and have a lightwaverf gen 2 controller after my gen 1 failed.

Been about a week trying to integrate lightwaverf within openhab with no success. these are the messages on the log.

22:43:51.635 [INFO ] [ghtwaverf.internal.LightwaveRfBinding] - LightwaveBinding: IP[255.255.255.255]

22:43:51.660 [INFO ] [ghtwaverf.internal.LightwaveRfBinding] - LightwaveBinding: ReceivePort[9761]

22:43:51.684 [INFO ] [ghtwaverf.internal.LightwaveRfBinding] - LightwaveBinding: Send Port[9760]

22:43:51.705 [INFO ] [ghtwaverf.internal.LightwaveRfBinding] - LightwaveBinding: Register On Startup[true]

22:43:51.723 [INFO ] [ghtwaverf.internal.LightwaveRfBinding] - LightwaveBinding: Send Delay [2000]

22:43:51.744 [INFO ] [ghtwaverf.internal.LightwaveRfBinding] - LightwaveBinding: Timeout for Ok Messages [9000]

22:43:51.809 [INFO ] [htwaverf.internal.LightwaveRfWifiLink] - Starting LightwaveRfWifiLink Connection

22:44:22.980 [INFO ] [verf.internal.LightwaveRFSenderThread] - Ok message not received for 100,!F*p

, retrying again. Retry count 4

22:44:34.016 [INFO ] [verf.internal.LightwaveRFSenderThread] - Ok message not received for 100,!F*p

, retrying again. Retry count 5

22:44:45.024 [ERROR] [verf.internal.LightwaveRFSenderThread] - Unable to send message 100,!F*p
after 5 attempts giving up

any help will be appreciated. :slight_smile:

hi, what model is your hub

Hi Jeff,

Its model no. L2.

Thanks

as far as i know only gen1 are supported partially 70%, thats as you said gen2, I dont know if there are any workarounds ifttt/tasker/webhooks to get some control back to openhab

Iā€™m working on this today (not binding) as no one seems to be developing it and I donā€™t have that kind of knowledge at the mo. Iā€™m using http to control it
Once Iā€™ve got a working solution Iā€™ll post it up,
So far I can authenticate, check energy usage and status. Just working on the actual switching at the mo.
Should have it working by the end of the day.

Iā€™d be very interested to see how you do this and to replicate it here. Plenty of both gen 1 and gen 2 Lightwave stuff here being controlled by the Lightwave Gen 2 hub. Also plenty of Openhab. If I could just interconnect the twoā€¦

Iā€™m very close(got a bit stuck with the exec binding), I only have gen2 sockets connected to my gen2 hub so donā€™t know if my solution will work for everyone but it should give everyone enough code to implement other stuff.

Bear in mind Iā€™m doing this entirely with a rule for initial setup (prob would have been quicker to learn how to write a binding :laughing:)

I got a couple hours left of coding and should be ready to publish to the worldā€¦ hopefully thatā€™s tonight

any progress on lightwave would be good, or a new angle on what we could achieve

iā€™ve got it working however it seems to be crashing quartz/cron timers, hence i deleted my post.
ill try and debug tonight.
iā€™ve got switches / power and energy in it at present.