Lightwaverf relay binding (topic moved from google groups)

Hi,

(cc @neil_renaud)

Got a lightwaverf relay (JSJSLW821), seems it has three states (stop, open and close). Would it be possible to add this to the lightwaverf binding, as it does not seem to work with the current switch command?

I am getting the following messages when I initiate the switch through the mobile app:
2015-08-02 17:31:56.896 [ERROR] [l.internal.LightwaveRFReceiver] - Error converting message: 103,!R1D4F^|Stop|Switch 1
2015-08-02 17:32:36.448 [ERROR] [l.internal.LightwaveRFReceiver] - Error converting message: 104,!R1D4F)|Close|Switch 1
2015-08-02 17:32:53.580 [ERROR] [l.internal.LightwaveRFReceiver] - Error converting message: 106,!R1D4F(|Open|Switch 1

also this weird one (constantly):
2015-08-02 17:33:38.335 [WARN ] [.l.internal.LightwaveRfBinding] - No item for incoming message[001,?V=“U2.91Y”

thanks a lot,

1 Like

some more info:

It has two output wires so open/close flips between the two circuits and stop switches the whole thing off (an example here on page 6: https://www.thesmartshop.co.uk/upload/pdf/JSJSLW821_inlinerelay_manual.pdf).

Is it possible to assign to it three buttons, or a three way switch? (I am only using only one circuit, so for my purposes open/close or open/stop would be sufficient)

cc @neil_renaud

+1

I have a light switch which sends those commands which I would like to use to control a hue bulb. It seems I can receive them but I can’t find any item types which can accept the commands. Ideally it should be able to map to a dimmer.

I think I’ll have to take the raw string and decode it in a rule.

Hi,

It would be hard to emulate as a dimmer as the relay just sends 3 states:

OPEN,STOP, CLOSE

Also the relay doesn’t report this all the time so for example if it is on a blind and the blind is fully open. You send a “CLOSE” and it will run until you send a stop… so there is no way of knowing a “percentage” it is closed or setting it to a “percentage” (that I know of). That being said I’ve never managed to install a working one of these relays so I could be wrong.

I could possibly do it as a Number (STOP = 0, OPEN = 1, CLOSE = -1). Although you can also use the relay a bit like a switch if you only connect two wires and I would also want it to be mappable to a switch.

Neil

Thinking about it further perhaps it would be best for it to map to a rollerblind as that had Open, Stop and Close.

I currently have a rule setup which translates to a dimmer by having open = + 20%, close = -20% and stop = toggle between 0% and 100%. This kind of functionality probably makes sense to be implemented by a rule but it would be easier to write the rule to map from a rollerblind to a dimmer rather than trying to inspect the raw message which I’m doing currently.

Hi,

I don’t have any roller blinds so I’m not sure how they behave in openhab. However the command they get are Up/Down (but no stop?) Stop/Move (but no direction?) or percent which won’t work with the lightwaverf relay.

How do the controls work for roller blinds in the openhab ui? Can I implement Up/Down and Stop (but not Move) and get something that will work?

Neil

Hi,

I’ve got a reasonably new openHAB 1.7 system running. Not too many problems as yet! Thanks to you all for developing something great.

I did have to do a bit of fiddling in order to get the LightwaveRF WiFi Link to register my RasPi, but once that was working, I had control.

However, I’ve been noticing in the logs that roughly once an hour I get the following error.

2015-11-16 22:17:54.045 [ERROR] [l.internal.LightwaveRFReceiver] - Error converting message: *!{"trans":452,"mac":"xx:xx:xx","time":1447712274,"type":"hub","prod":"wfl","fw":"U2.91Y","uptime":1386309,"timeZone":0,"lat":xx.48,"long":-xx.89,"duskTime":1447690400,"dawnTime":1447659083,"tmrs":0,"evns":1,"run":0,"macs":8,"ip":"192.168.xx.xx","devs":0}

Which seems very similar to the error received by the OP.

Looks like a status update that isn’t getting parsed correctly by the binding?

Cheers

Chris

The closest item in meaning is Rollershutter, but you would interpret its supported commands like this:

• PercentType == ignore (with logger.debug message)
  • UpDownType.UP == OPEN
  • UpDownType.DOWN == CLOSE
  • StopMoveType.STOP == STOP
  • StopMoveType.MOVE == ignore (with logger.debug message)

That is a status message from the newer LightwaveRF WIFI Link, I also see this message but its not causing me any issue.

I’ve got the original mk1 WiFi Link @SupraWez, so it’s sent out by that one too.

I agree, it’s not causing me any issues either. But it would be good to parse this stuff though wouldn’t it? Certainly ‘uptime’ could be quite useful for knowing if the device has been restarted recently. I can tell what most of it is, but not sure about "macs":8 or "devs":0 ?

Interesting first I’ve seen that. My hub doesn’t show it. I’ve created a note to look at this but low priority at the moment as you note it doesn’t really effect anything and why parsing it might be nice I don’t see any real use for the data that is being sent.

Hi @neil_renaud,

Yeah it’s not really that important. I suppose it feels like it’d be neater somehow (!) to have it receive every message in some way, but it’s not causing any problems. I’m sure you’ve got plenty of better things to be getting on with!

Cheers

Chris

Hey Neil,

I know its not important but just thought I would pop the message I receive in here too :-

2015-11-20 14:00:16.774 [ERROR] [l.internal.LightwaveRFReceiver:159 ]- Error converting message: *!{"trans":175,"mac":"x:x:x","time":1448028026,"type":"hub","prod":"lwl","fw":"N2.91Y","uptime":568962,"timeZone":0,"lat":00.00,"long":00.00,"duskTime":1448035688,"dawnTime":1448005099,"tmrs":0,"evns":0,"run":0,"macs":9,"ip":"x.x.x.x","devs":0}

Looks like myself and @tinkerfailure are both on the same FW version.

Hi,

I’ve added in the Relay and the Wifi Link Status Message. See here: LightwaveRF Binding Updated

Neil