LightwaveRF TRV binding - error converting message

Hey - new here but having some trouble with getting all my lightwaverf devices to function properly on OpenHAB and thought it was time to ask.

I have setup a new raspberry pi 3 with openhab (on Jessie with MQTT) but coming across some issues with lightwaverf now I try get the items/sitemap setup for it.
Basically I have two light switches and 1 radiator valve (and the WifiLink) which are on lightwaverf - I have installed the bindings and managed to get my two dimmers working but the radiator valve is not pulling any info through, and when looking at the openhab log I am guessing this is why -

2016-06-23 14:59:04.414 [ERROR] [l.internal.LightwaveRfWifiLink] - Error converting message: *!{“trans”:69,“mac”:“20:3E:E0”,“time”:1466697544,“prod”:“valve”,“serial”:“913FFE”,“router”:“203EE0”,“type”:“temp”,“batt”:3.09,“ver”:57,“state”:“run”,“cTemp”:21.0,“cTarg”:18.5,“output”:0,“nTarg”:20.0,“nSlot”:“17:00”,“prof”:4}

So it looks like openhab is receiving the info (temperatures, battery state etc.) but because of the ‘error converting message’ its not actually importing any values.

Here is my item bindings if that helps -

/* Heating */

Number RadiatorCTemp “Radiator [%.1f C]” (FF_Office, Heating) { lightwaverf=“room=1,serial=913FFE,type=HEATING_CURRENT_TEMP,poll=1800” }
Number RadiatorSTemp “Radiator Set Temp [%.1f C]” (FF_Office, Heating) { lightwaverf=“room=1,serial=913FFE,type=HEATING_SET_TEMP” }
Number RadiatorBatt “Radiator Battery [%.2f]” (FF_Office, Heating) { lightwaverf=“room=1,serial=913FFE,type=HEATING_BATTERY” }
String RadiatorMode “Radiator [%s]” (FF_Office, Heating) { lightwaverf=“room=1,serial=913FFE,type=HEATING_MODE” }
DateTime RadDate “Radiator Updated [%1$tT, %1$tF]” (FF_Office, Heating) { lightwaverf=“room=1,serial=913FFE,type=UPDATETIME” }

Has anyone else got this working properly or come across a similar issue?

No one using lightwaverf?

Hi Jack

I’m also new with openHab, I currently have 1 TRV valve which i’m testing in the living room.
I have managed to get oh to display all the values from the valve. I’ve included my code below.

lightwave.items

//LightwaveRF Radiator Valve (Living Room)
Number lw_living_radtemp “Room Temperature [%.1f °C]” (lw_living_rad) { lightwaverf=“room=0,serial=03C402,type=HEATING_CURRENT_TEMP,poll=1800” }
Number lw_living_radset “Radiator Set Temp [%.1f °C]” (lw_living_rad) { lightwaverf=“room=0,serial=03C402,type=HEATING_SET_TEMP” }
Number lw_living_battery “Radiator Battery [%.2f V]” (lw_living_rad) { lightwaverf=“room=0,serial=03C402,type=HEATING_BATTERY” }
DateTime lw_living_updated “Radiator Updated [%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY, %1$tT]” (lw_living_rad) { lightwaverf=“room=0,serial=03C402,type=UPDATETIME” }
String lw_living_radmode “Radiator Mode [%s]” (lw_living_rad) { lightwaverf=“room=0,serial=03C402,type=HEATING_MODE” }
Number lw_living_radoutput “Radiator Output [%.0f %%]” (lw_living_rad) { lightwaverf=“room=0,serial=03C402,type=HEATING_OUTPUT” }

default.sitemap

Frame label="Radiators" {
	Group item=lw_living_rad label="Living Room" icon="sofa"
}

openhab.cfg

lightwaverf:ip=192.168.101.12
lightwaverf:receiveport=9761
lightwaverf:sendport=9760
lightwaverf:registeronstartup=true
lightwaverf:senddelay=2000
lightwaverf:okTimeout=1000

I haven’t figured out how to change the set temperature yet.

Hope this helps

Anthony

I am having the same issue as you! No luck yet! I can get the set temp working but cannot get any of the values out of the message returned to OH by the lightwave link. My message and setup is very similar to yours detailed here.

I have the same issue.

My theory is it started after LWRF updated the link firmware and removed the transmission of signal level. The binding is looking for it and can’t find it.

It used to work so it must be a change at the LWRF end.

Which version of the binding are you using? Looks like a new version was created last month (v1.13.0) but I’ve just tried to install this to replace 1.11.0 and now it doesn’t work at all. I’m getting an “address already in use” error.