Little issues and questions after updating openhab(ian) from 2.4 to 2.5

Hi Guys,

i just updated openhab(ian) from 2.4 to 2.5.9.1 on a raspb3 and it looks like, that most things are still working. :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
i am sorry to ask, but i couldn’t find any quick answers, so please excuse some questions:
(openhab-cli clean-cache is already done, and browser cache/cookies are cleaned)

1. my sitemap is mostly “offline: waiting for connection”
  2. weather with forecast.io is now broken - no data at all
  3. some groups are displayed with missing items ( like this IOS Group )
    like in the example below “Force iPad2 Refresh” is not displayed
    also the Battery Level of my Watch isn’t correct. My watch is currently empty and charging.

Group IOS  "iCloud / iOS"  <cloud_refresh> // Gruppe iCloud 
////////////////////////////
// iPhone 7 - Philipp

String    iPhone7_Philipp_Battery               "Battery Status [%s]"                           <battery>   (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:2188b27e:batteryStatus"}
Number    iPhone7_Philipp_Battery_Level         "Battery Level [%.0f %%]"                       <battery>   (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:2188b27e:batteryLevel"}
Switch    iPhone7_Philipp_FindMyPhone           "Find My iPhone"                                <find>      (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:2188b27e:findMyPhone", autoupdate="false"}
Switch    iPhone7_Refresh                       "Force iPhone Refresh"                                      (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:2188b27e:location", autoupdate="false"}
Location  iPhone7_Philipp_Location              "Coordinates"                                               (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:2188b27e:location"}
Number    iPhone7_Philipp_LocationAccuracy      "Coordinates Accuracy [%.0f m]"                 <find>      (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:2188b27e:locationAccuracy"}
DateTime  iPhone7_Philipp_LocationLastUpdate    "Last Update [%1$tY.%1$tm.%1$td %1$tH:%1$tM]"               (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:2188b27e:locationLastUpdate"}
Switch    iPhone7_Philipp_Home                  "Find My iPhone"                                <presence>  (IOS)

// Apple Watch - Philipp

String    Watch_Philipp_Battery               "Watch - Battery Status [%s]"                           <battery>   (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:62007e12:batteryStatus"}
Number    Watch_Philipp_Battery_Level         "Watch - Battery Level [%.0f %%]"                       <battery>   (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:62007e12:batteryLevel"}
Switch    Watch_Philipp_FindMyPhone           "Watch - Find My Watch"                                 <find>      (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:62007e12:findMyPhone", autoupdate="false"}
Switch    Watch_Philipp_Refresh               "Force Watch Refresh"                                               (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:62007e12:location", autoupdate="false"}
Location  Watch_Philipp_Location              "Watch - Coordinates"                                               (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:62007e12:location"}
Number    Watch_Philipp_LocationAccuracy      "Watch - Coordinates Accuracy [%.0f m]"                 <find>      (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:62007e12:locationAccuracy"}
DateTime  Watch_Philipp_LocationLastUpdate    "Watch - Last Update [%1$tY.%1$tm.%1$td %1$tH:%1$tM]"               (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:62007e12:locationLastUpdate"}
Switch    Watch_Philipp_Philipp_Home          "Find My iPhone"                                        <presence>  (IOS)

// iPad2 - Philipp
String    iPad2_Philipp_Battery               "iPad2 - Battery Status [%s]"                           <battery>   (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:d4bb6b27:batteryStatus"}
Number    iPad2_Philipp_Battery_Level         "iPad2 - Battery Level [%.0f %%]"                       <battery>   (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:d4bb6b27:batteryLevel"}
Switch    iPad2_Philipp_FindMyPhone           "iPad2 - Find My Watch"                                 <find>      (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:d4bb6b27:findMyPhone", autoupdate="false"}
Switch    iPad2_Philipp_Refresh               "Force iPad2 Refresh"                                               (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:d4bb6b27:location", autoupdate="false"}
Location  iPad2_Philipp_Location              "iPad2 - Coordinates"                                               (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:d4bb6b27:location"}
Number    iPad2_Philipp_LocationAccuracy      "iPad2 - Coordinates Accuracy [%.0f m]"                 <find>      (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:d4bb6b27:locationAccuracy"}
DateTime  iPad2_Philipp_LocationLastUpdate    "iPad2 - Last Update [%1$tY.%1$tm.%1$td %1$tH:%1$tM]"               (IOS) {channel="icloud:device:philipp:d4bb6b27:locationLastUpdate"}
Switch    iPad2_Philipp_Home                  "Find My iPhone"                                        <presence>  (IOS)

iCloud and Homekit are finally working again - THANK YOU :heart_eyes: !

1. i successfully connected openhab-bridge to homekit and got all my hue-lights and other stuff (52 items in total) with the openhab-bridge, but i didn’t define those lights to be homekit ? and all are named “color or light” and today the bridge is offline / not supported ? how to fix that ?

LOG has 1 error

2020-09-24 17:38:11.088 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/event-stream, type=class org.glassfish.jersey.media.sse.OutboundEvent, genericType=class org.glassfish.jersey.media.sse.OutboundEvent.

somehow i needed to save all my .items files again, to be recognized.

Thank you!

Please understand that openHABian and openHAB are two different things and be precise when asking for help else you’re annoying quite some readers. Thanks.
You updated openHAB and your issues are with openHAB, not with openHABian.

hmm, okay then i am a bit confused sorry… when i log in with ssh it says OPENHABIAN, it’s somehow not clear enough for me sorry…

openHABian is the OS. openHAB is the software running on top of the OS.

1 Like

keeping the thread alive…I just updated from 2.4 to 2.5.9.1 on Raspberry pi 3B and I cant access the dashboard anymore through localip:8080. The iphone app cant connect either
I can ssh and can see the IP of my Pi alive when I ping it but cant access the dashboard
tried the following but nothing seems to work. How do I access the log file?

• openhab-cli stop
  • openhab-cli clean-cache
  • openhab-cli start

making the same mistakes as your predecessors.
You updated openHAB, not openHABian.
openHAB probably does not run.
Log is /var/log/openhab/openhab.log but if you don’t know that you should go back and reads the docs before proceeding.

here is the issue from the log file. Really Appreciate your help

2020-10-24 17:28:05.554 [SEVERE] [org.apache.karaf.main.Main] - Could not launch framework

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing storage.
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.(EquinoxContainer.java:70)
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.(Equinox.java:31)
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.EquinoxFactory.newFramework(EquinoxFactory.java:24)
at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.launch(Main.java:256)
at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.main(Main.java:178)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/lib/openhab2/cache/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock (Permission denied)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(RandomAccessFile.java:316)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:243)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.location.Locker_JavaNio.lock(Locker_JavaNio.java:36)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.lock(StorageManager.java:388)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.open(StorageManager.java:701)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getChildStorageManager(Storage.java:1776)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getInfoInputStream(Storage.java:1793)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.<init>(Storage.java:132)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:85)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:68)

... 4 more

OK I followed this thread and used command “sudo openhab-cli reset-ownership”
now I am getting a different error

2020-10-24 17:43:47.333 [WARN ]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.commons.httpclient
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]