Log Errors for removed items

• Platform information:
    • openHAB version: openhab2 v2.5.9-1

I’ve recently removed a motion sensor (used with Sonoff RF Bridge), including the Item & the MQTT Thing & relevant rule references. So theoretically, Openhab should no longer know about the motion sensor., however I noticed that while the motion was on my desk, I was still getting messages in the logs.

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2020-09-24 16:41:07.569 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ‘EFCEEE’ not supported by type ‘OpenCloseValue’: No enum constant org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.OpenClosedType.EFCEEE
2020-09-24 16:41:07.570 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ‘EFCEEE’ not supported by type ‘OpenCloseValue’: No enum constant org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.OpenClosedType.EFCEEE
2020-09-24 16:41:07.571 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ‘EFCEEE’ not supported by type ‘OpenCloseValue’: No enum constant org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.OpenClosedType.EFCEEE
2020-09-24 16:41:07.572 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ‘EFCEEE’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.OnOffType.EFCEEE

I’ve done some reading and also tried clearing the openhab cache (clean-cache).

Any idea why I’m still getting these errors?

NOTE: I only use PaperUI for my configuration

thanks

I presume there is some reason that you haven’t spelt out that this EFCEEE is associated with the de-configured but still present device.
You’ve got another Thiing listening to the common topic on which the RF Bridge sends all messages (whether oipenHAB knows about the end devices or not).