LogicSoft ZHC5010 Z-Wave switch not recognized in OpenHab

Please email the log (chris -at- cd-jackson.com), or attach it as a text file (name it to json or xml or something). The PDF isn’t something I can easily process so it would take a lot of work to do anything with.

Done. Thanks for your effort Chris !

Chris, did you get a chance to look at the log? Any suggestions?

Hi @martindk thanks for making this work :slight_smile:

I have a LogicSoft FUGA switch with LEDs and I would be happy to test or work on that functionality…

Currently I get this message when the node with the FUGA switch is Initialising at start up - hope it is useful

2016-09-06 09:55:44.581 [ERROR] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - NODE 5: Restore from config: Error deserialising XML file. com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: : ParseError at [row,col]:[773,20]
Message: Character reference "&# : : ParseError at [row,col]:[773,20]
---- Debugging information ----
cause-exception : com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException
cause-message : : ParseError at [row,col]:[773,20]
class : java.lang.String
required-type : java.lang.String
converter-type : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.SingleValueConverterWrapper
wrapped-converter : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.basic.StringConverter
path : /node/associationGroups/entry[7]/associationGroup/name
line number : 773
class[1] : org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveAssociationGroup
converter-type[1] : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
class[2] : java.util.HashMap
converter-type[2] : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[3] : org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode
version : 1.4.7

This error happens when the XML file can’t be read. Can you please post the file. It is likely caused by an invalid name being set in the node name class - there seems to be something that the XML serialiser doesn’t serialise properly.

1 Like

Just a comment from me; I have not looked at this thread for a while - but I did somehow manage to get it all working; I have two ZHC5010 and get actions from all 4 buttons and can control the relays. I am not at my home PC now - but can share items+rules later if anyone is interested ?

1 Like

Yes please :slight_smile:

hmmm - Not sure where the XML file is stored… can you give me a hint?

In OH1 it’s in the etc/zwave folder, in OH2 it’s in the userdata/zwave folder.

node5.xml (34.8 KB)

So the problem is associated with this I think -:

<entry>
      <int>7</int>
      <associationGroup>
        <index>7</index>
        <name>&#x2;&#x1;!$&#x5;&#x1;&#x1;!)&#x5;&#x2;&#x1;!.&#x5;&#x2;&#x1;!&#x1a;&#x5;&#x1; &#x2; &#x3;</name>
        <profile>0x121</profile>
        <commands>
          <commandClass>BASIC</commandClass>
        </commands>
        <associations/>
      </associationGroup>
    </entry>

I don’t suppose you can get me a debug logfile - I’d like to see exactly what the packet looks like…

It’s quite strange this. I’ve come across it before, but it looks like the xml serialiser is writing something that it can’t read back again :frowning: .

I have enabled debugging in karaf with log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.zwave
stopped openhab
cleared the openhab.log file
started opehab
stopped openhab after sometime and here is a the log file… hope that is what you wanted, otherwise please let me know :slight_smile:
I have put it on dropbox as it is to big to upload here https://www.dropbox.com/s/icujul590vw2rul/openhab.log?dl=0

please let me know when you have it, so I can remove it from my dropbox

Thanks - that looks fine. Can you confirm you’re using OH2?

Working setup:

Items:

Contact	wintergarden_contact1	"FUGA Vinterhave pad1 [%s]"	<frontdoor>	{ zwave="2:command=CENTRAL_SCENE,scene=1" }
Contact	wintergarden_contact2	"FUGA Vinterhave pad2 [%s]"	<frontdoor>	{ zwave="2:command=CENTRAL_SCENE,scene=2" }
Contact	wintergarden_contact3	"FUGA Vinterhave pad3 [%s]"	<frontdoor>	{ zwave="2:command=CENTRAL_SCENE,scene=3" }
Contact	wintergarden_contact4	"FUGA Vinterhave pad4 [%s]"	<frontdoor>	{ zwave="2:command=CENTRAL_SCENE,scene=4" }

Contact	frontdoor_contact1	"FUGA Hoveddør pad1 [%s]"	<frontdoor>	{ zwave="3:command=CENTRAL_SCENE,scene=1" }
Contact	frontdoor_contact2	"FUGA Hoveddør pad2 [%s]"	<frontdoor>	{ zwave="3:command=CENTRAL_SCENE,scene=2" }
Contact	frontdoor_contact3	"FUGA Hoveddør pad3 [%s]"	<frontdoor>	{ zwave="3:command=CENTRAL_SCENE,scene=3" }
Contact	frontdoor_contact4	"FUGA Hoveddør pad4 [%s]"	<frontdoor>	{ zwave="3:command=CENTRAL_SCENE,scene=4" }
Switch	frontdoor_relay		"Lys Indkørsel [%s]"		<switch>	{ zwave="3:1:command=SWITCH_BINARY" }

Rules examples:

rule "WintergardenFUGA1 activated"
	when
		Item wintergarden_contact1 received update
	then
		// do something
	end

rule "WintergardenFUGA2 activated"
	when
		Item wintergarden_contact2 received update
	then
		// do something-------
	end

// you can also just
// 	sendCommand(frontdoor_relay, ON)
//	sendCommand(frontdoor_relay, OFF)
// to turn the relay in one of the ZHC5010 off

1 Like

I use OH2 a build from last friday I think

Hi @martindk,

Looks nice, have you also got it working using the Channels?

No, I was just happy to get the 4 buttons and the relays working. I control the rest from OH(1).

OK cool,

As I said I have the LogicSoft version with LED and I need to get them to be synced with the status in OpenHAB… I would like to look into that for OH2

What type of Z-Wave usb stick, are you using with OH ?

I’m looking into the same LogicSoft switch, but i can’t decide which connector to use for Z-Wave.

Thanks

/Robert

As I mentioned in the first post, I have the Aeon Labs Z-Stick Gen5…