LogicSoft ZHC5010 Z-Wave switch not recognized in OpenHab

Great - thanks. I finally got it working, following the directions you gave :wink:

Just got home, and upgraded to 2.1 and it works.

I have a few problems/questions that i hope you can help with.

1. It seams to be unstable/slow.
    When i trigger a button, it turns on a led, but not always, and not instant.

2. Can i download the .jar file, for the 2.1 version, and run on OH2 ?
    If yes, do you know where. I simply canā€™t fint the location, for the file.

Thanks

Mine is also a bit slow and I donā€™t know why, but it could be interesting to see if itā€™s the same with OH2.

I am not sure if it will be enough to just reinstall the the newest z-wave add-ons found here: add-one download and move them to the addons folder, I think the latest configurations must be part of the z-wave add-one but I donā€™t know for sureā€¦

Have a look here: Installing add-ons

Btw I added the last configuration to the device yesterday.

Thanks.

I donā€™t work.

I found the .jar file here : https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bindings/org.openhab.binding.zwave/target/

But putting it into my addons folder, donā€™t do anything.
So i guess i have to wait for 2.1 to be released, until it will work on my production OH.

Unless @chris can tell me that iā€™m doing something wrong ?

btw. @Thomas_Schlichting when you say that itā€™s slow. It still works every time right ?
I think that my problem might be, that iā€™m running my OH in a VM, and the usb key, is presentet thru a hypervisor.
but i canā€™t test that, until i move it to my Raspberry pi.

Thanks

/Robert

Quick update.

I moved my USB stick to my Raspberry PI, running OH2.0 and installed the 2.0 z-wave binding.
It forund the FUGA switch, and now itā€™s working perfect.

Iā€™m not really sure i understand why, since i thought the logic was in the OH binding, and not in the stick.
But no matter what, i now have it running :slight_smile:

1 Like

Regarding the speed there are two issues I can see. Firstly during startup, if devices arenā€™t responding it will take a bit of time to resolve. Once this is complete things should be fast, however I have seen a log that indicates there might have been an exception that stopped the transaction processing thread. This meant all transactions in this log were timing out which delays things by around 2 seconds.

I donā€™t seem to see this issue so if anyone catches a log with such errors, please email to me.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks @chris.

After i switched to a Raspberry PI, the speed (stability) problem is gone.

I think it might have been related, to presenting the Z-Wave USB stick, to a VM, thru a Hypervizor.

/Robert

There are a few threads about how to manually install bindings - try a search on the forum. Unfortunately itā€™s not so easy :frowning: .

Probably we will have a 2.0.1 release soon and Iā€™ll update the database for that release.

@Robert_Jensen Can you send me the node#.xml generated by your ZHC5010 ver 1.09 please?

@chris Are you up to try and explain to me how to fix this in the configuration? - and how important is it?

Endpoint 2 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 3 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 4 has no command class linked to the basic class.

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/503

This just means you need to tick the ā€˜basicā€™ tick box in these endpoints in the command class that is linked to basic. This is either binary switch or multilevel switch.

Take a look at the specific device class for the respective command class - that should be a good indicator.

1 Like

Yes. Tomorrow when i get home.

But how do i get the file ?

/Robert
Sendt fra mobil enhed

if you used apt-get to install openhab on linux you can find it in /var/lib/openhab2/zwave

node1.xml (1.3 KB)

As promised :slight_smile:

/Robert

1 Like

I recently installed OH2, and am having issues with my ZHC5010. Since OH2 is all new to me, I find it difficult to see what you guys did to make the switch work.

Can one of you make a short guide, explaining the nessesary steps to make the switch recognized, and usable in OH2?

@SuneRadich What have you done so far?

So i got mine working, at least for the relay one.

the other 3 reports the following :
2017-03-05 14:53:04.589 [WARN ] [.ZWaveBinaryToggleSwitchCommandClass] - NODE 3: Unsupported Command 1 for command class SWITCH_TOGGLE_BINARY (0x28).
2017-03-05 14:53:09.438 [WARN ] [.ZWaveBinaryToggleSwitchCommandClass] - NODE 3: Unsupported Command 1 for command class SWITCH_TOGGLE_BINARY (0x28).
2017-03-05 14:53:10.206 [WARN ] [.ZWaveBinaryToggleSwitchCommandClass] - NODE 3: Unsupported Command 1 for command class SWITCH_TOGGLE_BINARY (0x28).

Could this be due to the fact, that iā€™m still running OH 2.0, or is this because of an error in my configuration ?

Thanks

/Robert

I donā€™t think the TOGGLE_BINARY command class is implemented at the moment. Is this something thatā€™s actually needed? It could be difficult to implement in OH as thereā€™s no toggle concept (if I remember correctly?).

Iā€™m not a 100% sure what you mean.

The physical contact, has 4 triggers.
1 of them, controls the relay.
The other 3 (in default configuration), triggers the error that i receive here.

All i want, is to be able to press a button, and make OH see that change, so that i can trigger something in OH.

Is this what you mean or ?

I mean that the error you see in the log means that the COMMAND_CLASS_TOGGLE_BINARY command class is not implemented. I suspect from your answer that you donā€™t need it since you can use the COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY class instead to turn the relay on and offā€¦

So, I would just ignore the message in the log for now (I might reduce it to debug only).