LogReader - Blacklist Problem

OH3 on RPi4:

I have Logreader installed with a rule which sends me an email on ERROR log entries. I am trying to blacklist the error for the cloud connection. This is the error:

[io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Error connecting to the openHAB Cloud instance

I put that in the LogReader Thing configuration blacklist window:

[io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Error connecting to the openHAB Cloud instance

But I just got the email anyway:

2021-10-07 07:39:08.633 [INFO ] [b.model.script.Rules.Log Error Alert] - Log Error Alert Rule Started
==> /var/log/openhab/events.log <==
2021-10-07 07:39:08.590 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent ] - logreader:reader:LogReader:newErrorEvent triggered 2021-10-07 07:39:07.944 [ERROR] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Error connecting to the openHAB Cloud instance
==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==
2021-10-07 07:39:10.738 [INFO ] [b.model.script.Rules.Log Error Alert] - Email Sent

This is the trigger in my rule:

- id: "1"
    configuration:
      thingUID: logreader:reader:LogReader
      channelUID: logreader:reader:LogReader:newErrorEvent
    type: core.ChannelEventTrigger
conditions: []

Do I need quotes around the error or something?

You could add

errorBlacklistingPatterns: PutYourPatternHere

in the configuration-section

That’s the point: There is a place in the configuration that says that. That’s where I entered the error above.

Could you please share your thing-configuration ?
As blacklist pattern it should be enough to only specify

Error connecting to the openHAB Cloud instance

No quotes or anything else. I am just wondering cause I built a logreader rule exactly for this case in order to know when I lose the Cloud-Connection :slight_smile:

I didn’t change anything with the configuration other than adding that error to the blacklist pattern:

${OPENHAB_LOGDIR}/openhab.log
Required Path to log file. Empty will default to ${OPENHAB_LOGDIR}/openhab.log
Refresh Rate
Refresh rate in milliseconds for reading logs
Error Patterns
ERROR+
Search patterns separated by | character for error events. Empty will default to ERROR+
Error Blacklisting Patterns
Search patterns for blacklisting unwanted error events separated by | character.
Warning Patterns
WARN+
Search patterns separated by | character for warning events. Empty will default to WARN+
Warning Blacklisting Patterns
Search patterns for blacklisting unwanted warning events separated by | character.
Custom Patterns
Search patterns separated by | character for custom events.
Custom Blacklisting Patterns
Search patterns for blacklisting unwanted custom events separated by | character.

Please see my last update and remove "[io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - " from the blacklist pattern

Thanks I’ll try it. So you’re saying that you have a rule working with that error, but only using the 2nd part?

I have a rule which is doing the exact opposite of your approach… I want to get the event whenever my myopenhab cloud account gets connected/disconnected to send a message to my phone. So the difference is only, that I have a custom pattern and not a blacklist pattern:

Disconnected from the openHAB Cloud service|Connected to the openHAB Cloud service

Btw: I think you don’t want get any of those errors so you have to put both connecting and disconnection to your blacklist pattern