Looking for a Socket Device to messure my Power Consumtion

Hey guys,

as mentioned above i am looking for an “plug and play” device to messure some of my power consumtion. I found some informations about sonoff and gosund both have to be flashed to use them in openhab and (if i’m right) not to send data to some chinese cloud systems. I am open for DIY so i wouldn’t have a problem to try my “luck” soldering to flash the Firmware. However i found here that openhab has some TP-Link products as bindings and found this Socket “HS110 Smart Wi-Fi Plug”. After some more research i found a thread where people were complaining that TP-Link is not available in OpenHab. So is the HS110 Smart Wi-Fi Plug messureable in Openhab or not? Also what do you use for messuring your power consumtion.

I am a total newbie in this genre of setting up an smart home and would aprreciate your help.

Thank you,
Martin

I´m using TP.link HS110. It´s working just fine.
I´m also using Sonoff POW R2 (flashed with Tasmota). It works fine as well using mqtt.

If you need a outlet/socket, got for the TP-Link or something simular. (Z-wave outlets is an alternative as well, but require a Z-wave controller ofcouse).

If you dont need the outlet/socket, Sonoff POW R2 is VERY cheap alternative. I have ordered quite a few more of these devices, which I intend to install in several places in our home to meassure the power consumption.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply! For flashing the Sonoff POW R2 is there soldering required? Is it difficult to setup mqtt?

No and no :slight_smile:
You´ll need the FTDI232 interface to flash the sonoff. But you dont have to solder the pins. I dont, I just keep them connected by hand, while the flashing going on, (takes aprox a minute).
It was pretty easy to setup mqtt, when I first understodd what it was all about. Took me a few hours, and I had the Sonoff Pow R2 and the Sonoff 433mhz RF brigde up running.

1 Like

Thanks again I ordered the HS 110 today and found a product list for a Ferrais gauge for my junction box also via mqtt :slight_smile:

Hey @Kim_Andersen,

I’ve setup the TP-Link HS110 and found a little Tutorial for calculating the daily costs. The result looks like this.

I have now trouble displaying my Monthly costs and Consumption. I saw in the app from TP-Link “Kasa” that you can see your Monthly usage but I’m having trouble displaying it in Openhab. Do you maybe have a solution for this?

Thank you for your response,
Martin

You´ll have to create a rule for this to work. I havn´t tried myself though, so I wouldnt know :frowning:

1 Like