Looking for energy management system testers

No idea if your still searching.
7,2kWp PV with Kostal Inverter and 9kW Battery. Heat pump, whiteware and ventilation system are in Openhab.

The only remaining device type I’m looking for to test is Solaredge.
The EMS is on sale and supports Kostal devices including battery.

Is there anybody with a Solaredge inverter and a battery willing to test my EMS to get a unit for free ?

The system matured a lot, it’s even working without any inverter now :wink: provided you have a variable power tariff.

I have a SolarEdge invertor, no battery but a Skoda Enyaq. If that’s good enough for you lete know.

Thanks for getting back with me but that won’t be of much help. It needs to be an inverter-controlled battery.
There’s already a config for SolarEdge on board but unfinished.
You can install the demo to see if it works.

Hello mstormi,

I can offer an Energy Butler from M-TEC inverter and battery. Can do some test if you are interested in that brand.

br. Christian

Markus, my setup consists of a Fronius Symo 5.0, a Symo Hybrid 5.0 and a battery. Also a Fronius Wattpilot exists.

Is this combination supported?

I think it should work. Try the demo.

Hello Markus,

I have two SolarEdge inverters (one single phase and a three phase). Recently switched to dynamic tariffs. I have no battery yet, but ordered one last week. I’m very interested in your ems and willing to help you testing it.

I already have a OpenHAB system running. For example, I automated the running of the dishwasher in the 3 cheapest hours of the day.

Greetings,

Arjan

Hi Peter - apologies this is a little off topic but I am interested in your SMA setup. I have an SMA tripower inverter with just over 5kw of panels. I also have the SMA home manager. I am not able to sell back excess energy so I am looking at battery storage. Does your SMA storage solution work well with 3 phase electricity. For example does it take any excess energy from the individual 3 phases and charge the battery. Also when that energy is needed say at night does it manage the load across the 3 phases? I find with the tripower invertor it is not able to send for example 5 kw to one phase but just divides the output across the 3 phases.

Hi Julian, yes, I think my setup is working well. Regarding the type of battery inverter and the battery I was following the recommendation from SMA. It’s a standard setup. I do not take care on the phases. For me the numbers my electricity meter is showing counts. If my battery was charged during the day and I need power (no matter from which phase) in the evening or night the battery (inverter) delivers it without increasing the numbers on my electricity meter. If you need more functions I would recommend the energy management system from @mstormi

1 Like

Hi Arjan,

yes please. (I think I had sent you a private mail but I don’t find it anmore so not sure I really did).
Have you received your battery ?

Battery or not, you might want to already install the demo, the EMS now supports Tibber and aWATTar dynamic tariffs, too. Switched to Tibber myself, using it to power my heat pump.