Looking for Homematic HM-Sec-Win instructions

Dear fellow openHAB-Users,

as my previous Homematic hardware (thermostats, power switch, movment sensor) was very straight forward to control, I didn’t research on how to control the HM-Sec-Win before I bought it two weeks ago. I assumed that there would be simple “open” and “close” commands, like there is an open and close button on the device itself. But there aren’t! Has anyone experience with this device and can elaborate on how to open and close the window it’s installed at?

Thanks a lot
Thorsten

I guess this is not a very common device. The Homematic documentation says it supports a parameter called ‘LEVEL’ with a float value for a percentage (0.0 to 1.0). I think you have to define a rule to match this to a simple open/close switch item.

http://www.eq-3.de/Downloads/PDFs/Dokumentation_und_Tutorials/HM_Script_Teil_4_Datenpunkte_1_503.pdf

Hi Thorsten,

thanks for your reply and sorry for not providing feedback earlier.

My problem is that “level” requires a special value (-0.005) to also bring the handle of the window into the close position, Just providing value 0 only brings the window itself it the closed position.

The rule below works well as it is, but when I use one of the lines that are set as a comment it doesn’t seem to send the value to the device (nothing happens). Stil when i manually push the button for “close” on the device the level state shows afterwards -0.005.

rule "Badfenster" 
when
    Item WCtest changed 
then
    var Number value = new Integer(WCtest.state.toString)
    if (value == 1) {
		sendCommand(WC_bath_level_write,new Float(0))	
//		sendCommand(WC_bath_level_write,new Float(-0.005))	
//		sendCommand(WC_bath_level_write,new Double(-0.005))	
	}
    else if (value == 2) {
        sendCommand(WC_bath_level_write,new Float(1))	
    }
end

Do you or somebody else have an idea how to send this special value to the device?

Thanks a lot
Thorsten

Hey,
I’m running some Homematic devices as well, but dont own a HM-Sec-Win. Gerhard, the mainteainer of Homematic addon is very helpful and supportive. The Sec-Win is listed as “confirmed working” on the wiki page. https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Homematic-Binding

I would recommend creating a debug log wil the latest addon and send Gerhard a mail.He might be able to implement an OPEN or CLOSE in the binding itself to not being forced to fiddle around with float numbers.

Any news here?
I have the same problem …

My openhab inbox doesn’t find the WinMatic (HM-Win-Sec). I have added the items manually in my homematic.things

Number EG_Fenstergriff_Wohnzimmer_Rechts_Level "Fenstergriff EG Wohnzimmer Rechts" {channel="homematic:HM-Sec-Win:ccu:QEQ0832832:1#LEVEL"}

fenster.rules
rule “Fenstergriff ZU”

when

Item EG_Fenstergriff_OPEN changed from OFF to ON

then

EG_Fenstergriff_Wohnzimmer_Rechts_Level.sendCommand(-0.005)

end

rule "Fenstergriff AUF"

when

Item EG_Fenstergriff_OPEN changed from OFF to ON

then

EG_Fenstergriff_Wohnzimmer_Rechts_Level.sendCommand(1)

end

But the WinMatic does not respond. Any idea?

If the device does not appear in the inbox then the binding has probably some general problem with this device. And in this case, manually adding the thing will probably not work, either.

Can you enable the TRACE for the Homematic binding, remove your thing definition and start a discovery? Please attach openhab.log with the debug output from the discovery. Maybe we can then see thy no thing is created for this device.