Lost localization on Temperatures in new install

I recently converted my openhab installation from a Pi2 to a Pi3. I did a complete new install of Raspbian and Openhab2 v2.4 on the Pi3. I then transferred the configuration files from the Pi2. I had no trouble getting the system up and running by I have lost localization on the temperature sensors.

Below is the locale from the OS.

pi@pi3:~ $ locale
LANG=en_US
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE=“en_US”
LC_NUMERIC=“en_US”
LC_TIME=“en_US”
LC_COLLATE=“en_US”
LC_MONETARY=“en_US”
LC_MESSAGES=“en_US”
LC_PAPER=“en_US”
LC_NAME=“en_US”
LC_ADDRESS=“en_US”
LC_TELEPHONE=“en_US”
LC_MEASUREMENT=“en_US”
LC_IDENTIFICATION=“en_US”
LC_ALL=

I have the following lines in the /etc/default/openhab2 file, just like I had in my Pi2 installation

#########################

KARAF OPTIONS

KARAF_OPTS="-Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en"

I am seeing the following in the Event.log file

events.log:2019-01-08 20:32:24.655 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - settings_locale changed from NULL to en

An example sensor in my items file is

Number:Temperature gFF_Sensor_1_Temp “Kitchen Temperature: [%.1f %unit%]” (gFF_Kitchen,Sensors,System_Temperature_Chart) { channel="zwave:device:…

With this all the same, my temperatures are still showing up as Celsius instead of Fahrenheit.

Can some one point in a direction to resolve this?

TIA

After making the changes did you try cleaning the cache and rebooting?

I have rebooted several times, but I did not clear the cache. I will do that and see what happens.

Thanks

Cleared cache and rebooted openhab, it is still the same.

Did you go through the location options in the paperUI?
Click “SHOW MORE” and choose metrics imperial us
From memory (on my phone)

I tried that and it did not work either.

Did you try forcing the sensors to °F?

Number:Temperature gFF_Sensor_1_Temp “Kitchen Temperature: [%.1f °F]” (gFF_Kitchen,Sensors,System_Temperature_Chart) { channel="zwave:device:…

The change to Imperial US starting working at some point. I have one sensor that is send Celsius values but showing Fahrenheit of the units. I will have to work with that sensor.

Thanks for the help