Loxone->OpenHAB->Google home: problems integrating shutters

Hi,

Thank you every one for all the usefull info on this website. Thanx to all this info I managed to install openHAB on my Synology Nas, make it communicate with my Loxone installation and Google home and controlling my lights with Google home, what already is incredible!

The problem I have now is to control the shutters. The problem I have here is that when I’m looking in the channels under the Loxone, I find 2 channels for each shutter: one for up and one for down. The only difference in the channelname is a -1 after the channel name for “down”. AND those channels are switch channels… so this doensn’t work in the .items file:
Rollershutter RollershutterControl “Volet Cuisine” (volet-cuisine) [“Blinds”] {channel=“loxone:miniserver:xxxxxxxxxxxxx” }

Is there someone who had the same issue and can help me with the right syntax?

a litlle precision: the shutters are opened and closed via a knx module, linked to the Loxone and I used a “shutter block” in the programmation of the Loxone

THanx for the help!

Try:
Rollershutter RollershutterControl “Volet Cuisine” (volet-cuisine) {channel=“loxone:miniserver:xxxxxxxxxxxxx”, ga="Blinds" }

Thanx for your help but this isn’t working eather. I see the shutter in the control tab of the paperUI, but when clicking on it nothing happens. I suppose because the Loxone channels are 2 switches, and not a shutter. Don’t know if there is a workaround.
I don’t want to have to buttons for each shutter (not a usable workaround for me before some one suggets it :slight_smile: )

edit: BTW I know it is possible, because I tested 1home for a while and I was able to open and close the shutters with google home

I have been thinking, is it possible to make a virtual rollershutter item, that in his turn activates a switch when 0% is received, and another switch when 100% is received?

I’m still reading on the openhab website and forum but can’t find something similar as my problem

I have something working now. Made 1 rollershutter item and 2 switch items. The rollershutter item is just there to have the rollershutter option. A “fake” chanel is linked to it.

Switch Roller_up "Roller up" ["Lighting"] {channel="loxone:miniserver:xxxxxxxxx1"} Switch Roller_down "Roller down" ["Lighting"] {channel="loxone:miniserver:xxxxxxxxx2"} Rollershutter BlindsControl "Roller" <blinds> (Roller) ["Blinds"] channel="loxone:miniserver:xxxxxxx?"}

Then I made 2 rules:

rule “roller down”
when
Item RollershutterControl changed to 100
then
Roller_down.sendCommand (ON)
Thread::sleep(1000)
Roller_down.sendCommand (OFF)
end

rule “roller up”
when
Item RollershutterControl changed to 0
then
Roller_up.sendCommand (ON)
Thread::sleep(1000)
Roller_up.sendCommand (OFF)
end

Disadvantage is that the 2 sitch items are visible in the openhab UI, and can also be actuated directly by goolge chrome, what I don’t want… So half of the solution is there. Someone has a better idea on how to show/use only the shuttercontrol?

Or you can do it the other way around

items

Switch Roller_up "Roller up"  {channel="loxone:miniserver:xxxxxxxxx1"} 
Switch Roller_down "Roller down" {channel="loxone:miniserver:xxxxxxxxx2"} 
Rollershutter BlindsControl "Roller" <blinds> (Roller)  {ga="Blinds"}

Rules

rule "Hey Google Close Roller Blind"
when
    Item FANone received command 100
then
    Roller_up.sendCommand (OFF)
    Roller_down.sendCommand(ON)
end

rule "Hey Google Open Roller Blind"
when
    Item FANone received command 0
then
    Roller_down.sendCommand (OFF)
    Roller_up.sendCommand(ON)
end

thanx! that’s an option too…

But I figured out that I’m not the smartest guy… Today I remembered that my loxone is also usable as knx IP gateway… So I configured a KNX binding and channels and I made it work with one rollershutter… So problem solved. Now a lot of configuration to be done…

1 Like