Lutron Caseta Support

So I migrated to OH3 and am still having the same issue with the keystore. Exactly how do I set the logging for the binding. I have never done that before.

There are multiple ways to do it, but the easiest is probably to go in to the openHAB console and use the command:

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.lutron

See the docs on logging or search the forum for more info. The location of the log files and the method for accessing the console can vary based on your system and installation method.

Ok I am about to pull out my hair. here is the debug info.

[DEBUG] [ery.LutronMdnsBridgeDiscoveryService] - Lutron mDNS bridge hostname: 172.16.0.131
[DEBUG] [ery.LutronMdnsBridgeDiscoveryService] - Lutron mDNS bridge hostname: 172.16.0.131
[DEBUG] [ery.LutronMdnsBridgeDiscoveryService] - Unable to determine serial number of discovered Lutron bridge device.
[DEBUG] [ery.LutronMdnsBridgeDiscoveryService] - Unable to determine serial number of discovered Lutron bridge device.
[DEBUG] [ery.LutronMdnsBridgeDiscoveryService] - Lutron mDNS bridge discovery notified of Lutron mDNS service: \031MACADDR=50:8c:b1:eb:06:c6\024CODEVER=08.04.05f000\021DEVCLASS=08040100\024FW_STATUS=1:NoUpdate\031NW_STATUS=InternetWorking\016ST_STATUS=good\023SYSTYPE=SmartBridge
[DEBUG] [ery.LutronMdnsBridgeDiscoveryService] - Lutron mDNS bridge discovery notified of Lutron mDNS service: \031MACADDR=50:8c:b1:eb:06:c6\024CODEVER=08.04.05f000\021DEVCLASS=08040100\024FW_STATUS=1:NoUpdate\031NW_STATUS=InternetWorking\016ST_STATUS=good\023SYSTYPE=SmartBridge
[DEBUG] [ery.LutronMdnsBridgeDiscoveryService] - Multiple addresses found for discovered Lutron device. Using only the first.
[DEBUG] [ery.LutronMdnsBridgeDiscoveryService] - Multiple addresses found for discovered Lutron device. Using only the first.
[DEBUG] [n.internal.handler.LeapBridgeHandler] - Opening SSL connection to 172.16.0.131:8081
[INFO ] [n.internal.handler.LeapBridgeHandler] - Error opening SSL connection: readHandshakeRecord
[DEBUG] [n.internal.handler.LeapBridgeHandler] - Disconnecting
[DEBUG] [n.internal.handler.LeapBridgeHandler] - Scheduling connection retry in 5 minutes

I am not sure why it is saying I have multiple addresses and why it can’t determine the serial number.

Anyone have any ideas???

openHAB 3.0.1 running on a Dell PowerEdge R530 with windows server 2019

Usually the inability of the discovery service to determine the serial number is caused by a problem with DNS or mDNS. It extracts the SN from the mDNS hostname that the hub provides. But if you’ve configured the bridge manually, you can ignore all of those discovery messages anyway.

The error from LeapBridgeHandler is more of an issue. The Error opening SSL connection: readHandshakeRecord message means there was some sort of protocol error opening the SSL connection. I haven’t seen that one before. So you have some sort of firewall or proxy in the way?

I am guessing that the SSH Activator is the issue anyone know how to fix it???

[WARN ] [org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh.Activator] - Error starting activator
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Service not tracked for class interface org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationAdmin
	at org.apache.karaf.util.tracker.BaseActivator.getTrackedService(BaseActivator.java:369) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.util.tracker.BaseActivator.ensureStartupConfiguration(BaseActivator.java:154) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh.Activator.doStart(Activator.java:96) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.util.tracker.BaseActivator.run(BaseActivator.java:312) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

[DEBUG] [ry.LutronMcastBridgeDiscoveryService] - Scanning for Lutron bridge devices using multicast
[DEBUG] [n.internal.handler.LeapBridgeHandler] - Opening SSL connection to 172.16.0.131:8081
[INFO ] [n.internal.handler.LeapBridgeHandler] - Error opening SSL connection: readHandshakeRecord
[DEBUG] [n.internal.handler.LeapBridgeHandler] - Disconnecting
[DEBUG] [n.internal.handler.LeapBridgeHandler] - Scheduling connection retry in 5 minutes

That “Error starting activator” error looks like it is coming from Karaf, which is the runtime environment that opehHAB runs under. It’s not related to the binding, but it may indicate an underlying issue that is also causing problems for the binding. I’ve never seen that error before, but doing a quick search of the forum I see other instances of it, with people suggesting clearing the cache and temp directories and then restarting openHAB in order to fix it.

Hey Guys,

Sorry, I’m a total newb and am trying to just get the binding completed. I’m trying to configure the LEAP authentication and am getting stuck in the keytool steps, its giving me a keystore password is incorrect. Not sure where to go from here. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Wes

I looks like re-reading the docs for the 30th time and using the password provided worked.

But now I’m stuck on what to put in the “keystore file” field in configuration.

That gets set to the full path of the .keystore file that you generated with keytool. If you followed the example in the docs, it’s probably called lutron.keystore. So depending on where you put it, you might set that parameter to something like “/home/openhab/lutron.keystore”.

Make sure the ownership and/or permissions set on the file are such that it can be read by the user that openhab runs as.