Mail Binding errors, but it used to work

I wouldn’t think so, no. At least, some rule. Let’s put that together with

and maybe the javascript rule is still running, not the DSL version.
I don’t think putting a complete rule text in the scripts folder makes a valid rule. When you use the GUI to make a rule, specifying triggers etc. as usual, you can choose the action part to be a script of DSL type. That would contain just the body (the part between then and end) of a comparable text-type rule.

But this is all a sideshow to your mail problem, it’s not going to fix anything, stick with the rule system you know. You’ve proven the rule is running, others have tried it too, there’s no syntax complaints seen.

What can happen with binding updates is that inherited Things no longer “fit” due to some change in properties. So far as I can make out, your smtp mail Thing is directly inherited from OH2, yes? Create a brand new Thing with your info, give it a meaningful ID if you wish, try that in your rule.

Sorry for net getting back earlier but I was tied up with other things.

I’ve deleted the IMAP and SMTP things, and uninstalled the email binding.

I reinstalled the email binding and created a new SMTP thing and attempted to send an email again.

And get exactly same error:

2021-06-20 15:14:10.375 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mail.internal.SMTPHandler] - Sending the email to the following server failed : smtp.myprovider.com:465
2021-06-20 15:14:10.378 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mail.internal.SMTPHandler] - javax.mail.MessagingException: IOException while sending message;
  nested exception is:
	javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Obviously “upgrading” from OH2 to OH3 seriously breaks the Email SMPT binding, and as I use it to send presence and fire alarm emails, it is far from an ideal situation at the moment.

I have the feeling that the only way I’ll be able to get a stable and usable OH3 is to do a complete reinstall of the system, which as you can imagine is not something that I relish doing.

With no apparent functional migration path can someone please answer the following questions:

1. Can I import the configuration that I save from my OH2 install into a new OH3 installation?
  2. MQTT, Z-Wave & Zigbee: Do I have to re-register all the devices again or will they all work straight away?

Thanks in advance.

A few days ago a user that hat migrated to OH3 had to use a backup of a configuration file from OH2. It did not work for him. He re-installed OH2; used the config backup and did a migration from OH2 to OH3.