[SOLVED] Managing Danfos LC13: creating .sitemap

Hi
I installed my first Danfos LC13 and I’m doing some test before buy valves for all other radiators.
I’m trying to build .itmes and .sitemap filesm but with no success :frowning:

Discovery worked quite well and fast and I got this

Also in paperUI I got some usefull value that I’d like to present into a . sitemap file:

I built my .items file, that is the following

Number valvola_studio “Valvola Studio” [“Temperature”] { channel=“zwave:device:9a5da087:node7:sensor_temperature” }

and according with that the .sitemap file to present the sensor_temparature channel is:

sitemap termosifoni label=“Gestione termovalvole”
{
Frame label=“Riscaldamento” {
Text item=valvola_studio label=“Temperatura studio”
}
}

But at the end the only thing that I see in basic UI is:

any ideas where is the error?

thanks
Maurizio

Please How to use code fences

Do you see errors in openhab.log or in VSCode?

Does the Channel for the Temperature show that it needs a Number Item or a Number:Temperature?

Is the sitemap named “termosifoni.sitemap”?

Where did you place the .items file and .sitemap?

In both the Item label and the sitemap label, you have suppressed showing the actual temperature. See https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/items.html#label. When you define the label in both places, the label definition in the sitemap will take precedence.

Hi
I answer in order to your questions:

in openhab.log I found this error:

“2019-10-17 20:46:20.688 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
2019-10-17 20:46:20.689 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item ‘valvola_studio’ for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
2019-10-17 20:46:20.690 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item ‘valvola_studio’ for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
2019-10-17 20:46:20.690 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item ‘valvola_studio’ for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text”

The channel temperature reports the following:

zwave:device:9a5da087:node7:sensor_temperature
Number:Temperature

The sitemap is named termosifoni.sitemap

the sitemap is in the path
/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/OpenHab/conf/sitemaps

the items file is in the path
/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/OpenHab/conf/items

in this path I’ve two items file, one with rollershutter items and one with the Danfos LC13

thanks
Maurizio

The errors mean that you have an Item on your sitemap that doesn’t exist. Look for errors when your .items file is loaded. Double check that the Item name is identical (including case) between the sitemap and the .items file and the sitemap. Look in the Item’s config in PaperUI to make sure the Item is listed.

You need to define the Item as a Number:Temperature. You can’t use just a plain old Number.

Thanks, it’s solved!!