Many Influx errors in log after updgrading OH starting with "Failed to connect", "batch could not be sent"

After updgrading openHAB I saw a lot of errors filling the log again. It has happened to me before!

The solution is at the bottom of this post in bold. The following is a list of symptoms and failed attempts to fix it. I have had this issue before and found a solution. I post again here to save headaches as lot will be upgrading over the Christmas break and may face the same frustrating issues. Merry Xmas :christmas_tree:

The errors fill the log and occur whenever something is saved to influx database.They start with :

[WARN ] [rnal.influx1.InfluxDB1RepositoryImpl] - database error: java.net.ConnectException: Failed to connect to localhost/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:8086

and

[ERROR] [org.influxdb.impl.BatchProcessor    ] - Batch could not be sent. Data will be lost
  • Stopping influxdb stops the errorrs.
  • Restarting influx, rebooting opeHAB fail to fix the issue
  • Grafana shows no data

A reinstall of from openhab-config fails with:

There was an error or interruption during the execution of “20 | Optional Components” Please try again. If the error persists, please read │
/opt/openhabian/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md or openhabian/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md at main · openhab/openhabian · GitHub how to proceed.

Note: The above link returns 404 error

To confirm if the erros filling the log are an influx problem stop and start influx from the console. Type in the console:

• openhab-cli console … will need the usual password
  • bundle:list -s | grep influx …to check current state. Should show as “Active”
  • bundle:stop org.openhab.persistence.influxdb
  • bundle:list -s | grep influx … to check it stopped. Shows as “Suspended”

I had these errors before and the following fixed the problem both times:

• sudo zram-config “stop”
  • sudo apt reinstall influxdb
  • sudo systemctl start zram-config.service
  • sudo systemctl restart influxdb
  • sudo reboot

I had similar problems which is documented here