MAPDB persistence error

I did as you asked. Unstable does not throw any errors. After testing with unstable, I apt-get remove openhab2, changed apt sources to stable and apt-get install openhab2. The error immediately returned using the same text config files.

It does appear to persist on startup despite the shutdown error.

Good news. So we don’t have to file an issue as the problem already was resolved.

Bad news: You have to switch to the unstable snapshot version to get rid of it. Or you have to wait until 2.1 stable is available.

thank you :slight_smile: thats really good news i will try unstable this weekend :slight_smile:

I found out something else. Besides the errors * : strategy = everyChange, restoreOnStartup wasn’t working properly. It was restoring values but they looked very random (I was mainly checking open/closed status of door/window contacts.

When eventually I restricted the items and used an number of groups
gRaam*, gBeneden*, gBoven*, gLicht* : strategy = everyChange, restoreOnStartup
it worked perfect.

I’m still not sure what makes it fail when using * and not sure how I can debug this but for those having issues with mapdb persistence restore on startup when using * try restricting it to a group or multiple groups, that worked for me.

Shouldnt this be in an ERRATA or similar that CRON entries in the persitence file may make persistence unusable until either a purge and reinstall of the persistence bindings/config is done or using the Unstable Distro? For that matter where would I find such a list of “known issues” ERRATA?

The restoreOnStartup appears to fail at the point that it encounters an item that could not/was not persisted (in my case)

1 Like

This clearly looks like a bug, has anyone submitted it as such?

I have the same problem (on OH2.3 stable):

I played around with the persist file (deleting the * : strategy 
 entry and the cron.
Nothing helped.
I included the default strategy entry and at least the persist file was loaded without the error.
This is my persist file:

Strategies {
        every5Minutes : "0 0/5 * * * ?"
        default = everyChange, restoreOnStartup
}

Items {
        G_Numbers* : strategy = every5Minutes
}