MAX! system installation and configuration walktrough

Please post your Items and Sitemap.

Thanks, everything works fine.

Hi!

First, sorry for my English and for my code. I have the Max Cube system of eq-3 with 12 thermostats and 2 window contacts, and the truth is that I am doing very well, but in my case, for the system to be really efficient, I need the system to turn on the gas boiler through the dry contact of the room thermostat.

I got it thanks to the help and information of MAX! HOME AUTOMATION by Dmitry A. Kazakov, (a great job!! http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/max_home_automation.htm)

The next step in my process is to implement the idea of ​​Dmitry in OpenHAB, and of course, my problem is that I am ignorant in OpenHAB (still and with a lot of work, I have managed to see my thermostats, my window contacts and my relays). Well, I have reached the point of the rules and I am not able to implement a simple rule that takes the value of the position of each valve in (%), calculate the arithmetic average and if the value of the arithmetic average is greater than one value Turn on the relay (or otherwise turn it off).

Actually I have a test rule with only two TSA1 and TSA2 thermostats.

Someone can take pity on me and can shed some light in my darkness, I would be very grateful.

Regards,
Nica

rule "Heat demand"
when  
	Item    TSA1_TSA1VP  changed or //VP Valve posotion
	Item    TSA2_TSA2VP  changed 
then
	val x1 = TSA1_TSA1VP.state as DecimalType //in total implemet x1 to x12
	val x2 = TSA2_TSA2VP.state as DecimalType 

logInfo("Valves values (%)", "TSA1: " + x1 + " TSA2: " + x2)

val xy = (x1 + x2) / 2 as Decimaltype // or Number ?

logInfo("AUTOMATIC", "Average = " + xy)

if (xy > 18)  {
                relay.sendCommand(ON) 
                } else {
                relay.sendCommand(OFF) 
                }
end

Sorry NBmrd2, I’m not sure if understand your problem.
I have a Max! kit and a raspberry with Openhab2 and work perfectly
This is my rule to start/stop the boiler

rule “on off boiler rule”
when
Item room01_SX changed or
Item room01_SX received update or
Item room01_DX changed or
Item room01_DX received update or
Item room02_SX changed or
Item room02_SX received update or
Item room02_DX changed or
Item room02_DX received update or
Item room03 changed or
Item room03 received update or
then
if ((room01_SX.state != 0 || room01_DX.state != 0 || room02_SX.state !=0 || room02_DX.state !=0 || room03.state !=0) && (heating.state == ON))
boiler_contact.sendCommand(ON)
else boiler_contact.sendCommand(OFF)
end

where “roomNN” are the valves items (measuring the valve opening in %) and “heating” is a virtual switch. This virtual switch is used to set summer / winter state. you can ignore/delete it
if you’ll use it (the summer/winter state switch), I strongly recommend you to set the persistence also.
This is a valve item sample:
Number roomNN_SX { channel=“max:thermostat:NKF00nnnnn:OEQnnnnnnn:valve” }

Thank you very much for your answer,

However I’m not understanding the code very well, when I´m reading it I understand that when any of the valves are diferent to 0% (open at least 1% in any valve ) the boiler turns on (boiler_contact ON).

My problem is that my gas boiler is very old and needs at least 1 radiator to be open at 100%, so I thought about calculating the average and trying applying a minimum of 10%

Regards.
Nica

I have an improvement idea for you. How about adding all the items to a group, and then triggering the rule to a change in the group. Whenever the (cumulative) state of the group is 0, then the boiler contact turns off, otherwise the boiler contact is switched according to heating state.

rule “on off boiler rule”

when
    Member of gThermostats changed
then
    if (gThermostats.state == 0) {
        boiler_contact.sendCommand(OFF)
    }
    else {
        boiler_contact.sendCommand(heating.state)
    }
end
1 Like

Sorry for taking so much to answer, I had many issues in summer.

Thank you very much, it seems like a good idea. Now that autumn comes I have decided to finish my project and I will implement this option. I will tell you the results.

Regards,

works perfect, thanks for the great tutorial. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for the tutorial.
I just installed those MAX! components and they work fine with the MAX! Software.
I then installed the binding, but I didn’t get something in my inbox.
OpenHAB 2.3.0 installed on a Synology NAS.
Some WLAN Switches are already running via MQTT, but manually configured without using the inbox.

Any ideas?

First, make sure that no Max! software (original or third party) isn’t running. Then re-check again, maybe observing OpenHAB’s logfiles.