[SOLVED] MAX! with latest Alexa Skill (v3) / degrees only between 10 and 32

Hi everyone,
the latest Alexa skill update causes some problems with mit MAX! thermostats.
I can’t say “Alexa, set the left thermostat to 5 degrees”. She answer me that this option is not possible she only can set between 10 and 32 degrees.

Does anyone have an idea how I can make her put the thermostat under 10 degrees?

You will need to specify your custom setpoint range using the setpointRange metadata parameter. As you found out, the default range is 10 to 32°C.

Number TargetTemperature "Target Temperature [%.1f °C]" {alexa="ThermostatController.targetSetpoint" [setpointRange="<minValue>:<maxValue>"]}
1 Like

thx for your reply :slight_smile:
unfortunatly it does not work… I inserted the line you wrote and she always said that the temperature is available between 10 and 32 degrees. Here is my config for the left thermostat in the living room:

// WZ_L
Number maxSetTempWZ_L “Wunschtemperatur [%.1f °C]” <max_temp> (gMaxWZ_L, gMaxSetTemp) [“TargetTemperature”] {channel=“max:thermostat:NEQ1443926:OEQ1131079:set_temp”}
Number maxActualTempWZ_L “Raumtemperatur [%.1f °C]” <max_temp> (gMaxWZ_L, gMaxActualTemp) [“CurrentTemperature”] {channel=“max:thermostat:NEQ1443926:OEQ1131079:actual_temp”}
Switch maxBatLowWZ_L “Batteriestatus WZ_L” (gMaxWZ_L, gMaxBatLow) {channel=“max:thermostat:NEQ1443926:OEQ1131079:battery_low”}
Number TargetTemperature “Target Temperature [%.1f °C]” {alexa=“ThermostatController.targetSetpoint” [setpointRange=“0:32”]}

The line I provided was just an example on how to update your target temperature item. It wasn’t meant to be added to your config as a new item. Anyway, below is how you should update that item. I left the “TargetTemperature” tag in case you are using other assistant integration to interact with your thermostat.

Number maxSetTempWZ_L "Wunschtemperatur [%.1f °C]" <max_temp> (gMaxWZ_L, gMaxSetTemp) ["TargetTemperature"] {alexa="ThermostatController.targetSetpoint" [setpointRange="0:32"], channel="max:thermostat:NEQ1443926:OEQ1131079:set_temp"}
2 Likes

I can confirm this behavior since the “V3 Skill”.

Btw: the range is from 4.5 to 30.5 degrees.

thank you for your support :+1:
I inserted the line into my .items file but unfortunately it still does not work. only degrees between 10 and 32 are available :confused:

// WZ_L
Number maxSetTempWZ_L “Wunschtemperatur [%.1f °C]” <max_temp> (gMaxWZ_L, gMaxSetTemp) [“TargetTemperature”] {channel=“max:thermostat:NEQ1443926:OEQ1131079:set_temp”}
Number maxActualTempWZ_L “Raumtemperatur [%.1f °C]” <max_temp> (gMaxWZ_L, gMaxActualTemp) [“CurrentTemperature”] {channel=“max:thermostat:NEQ1443926:OEQ1131079:actual_temp”}
Switch maxBatLowWZ_L “Batteriestatus WZ_L” (gMaxWZ_L, gMaxBatLow) {channel=“max:thermostat:NEQ1443926:OEQ1131079:battery_low”}
Number maxSetTempWZ_L “Wunschtemperatur [%.1f °C]” <max_temp> (gMaxWZ_L, gMaxSetTemp) [“TargetTemperature”] {alexa=“ThermostatController.targetSetpoint”
[setpointRange=“0:32”], channel=“max:thermostat:NEQ1443926:OEQ1131079:set_temp”}

thanks for the note :slight_smile: I adjust the values ​​as soon as it works.
Did you find a solution for it?

Your target temperature item maxSetTempWZ_L is defined twice. If you remove the first occurrence, it will work.

I have tried this but it still does not work…
Do I have to restart a service after a change in the .items file or something similar?

// WZ_L
Number maxSetTempWZ_L “Wunschtemperatur [%.1f °C]” <max_temp> (gMaxWZ_L, gMaxSetTemp) [“TargetTemperature”] {alexa=“ThermostatController.targetSetpoint” [setpointRange=“0:32”],
channel=“max:thermostat:NEQ1443926:OEQ1131079:set_temp”}

You need to trigger a rediscovery on the Alexa side each time you make a change to the Alexa OH configuration. This can be achieved either by asking one of your echo device or via the Alexa Smart Home web console.

2 Likes

it works :smiley::smiley::smiley:
thank you very much for your patience with me and have a nice day :sweat_smile:

@jeshab
@anubis

Now I’ve changed my .items, too.

And it is running. :slight_smile:

But although [setpointRange=“4.5:30.5”] is setable in .items file, Alexa accepts only 4 to 30. She cuts the .5 !

So I’ve set it as follows: [setpointRange=“4:31”]

2 Likes

This is actually the skill fault. I just fixed it and will be rolled out in the next live skill release. Thanks for reporting this issue! :+1:

2 Likes