MaxCubeBridgeHandler - IO error occurred during execution: Read timed out

Hi, i have the same issue. Can you point me in the right direction ( where I can get this snapshot build) ? Is it a snapshot of the Binding, the addons or OH ?
I am currently on OH 2.4 latest Milestone. Thx

or if you’re on openHABian, it’s a menu option

Sorry, one more question - you mean the Upgrade Option in openhabian-config or you mean switching to OH Snapshot build ?

switching to OH snapshot build

Thank you. I will give it a try.

I didn’t attend but actually @kai did. Kai, maybe you can comment ?

I ran into another problem with latest snapshot:
On setting target temperatures, debugging shows the binding instructs the cube but it fails to execute.
No error messages for now.
I moved back to 2.3.0 binding and it started working again, so I believe it’s related to the recent connection related changes.
Want me to open an issue ?

@mstormi yes pls. I have not observed this issue yet.

I did here but I’m lacking the logs for now.
Possibly it is as easy to reproduce as to install latest (current) snapshot (#1400) - would you mind to try that yourself ?

Did you try running a recent snapshot such as #1400 or latest #1405 ?

@mstormi I tried to reproduce this on a fresh M5 install.
I installed max binding, accepted the discovered thermostat.
Than set the temperature via paperUI.
Thermostat updated the temperature within seconds.

Hence… can’t directly reproduce the error in a basic setup.

Not sure if i have the same problem, but I’m not able to set any temperature for the max thermostats ?
I can switch the modes from manual to automatic or boost. thats working fine. I’ll ger valve and temperature values, but no success with temperatures ?

running
openHAB 2.4.0~20180910180938-1 (Build #1358)

what I tried
max cube as max.thing as well as over Paper UI
uninstall n reinstall the max binding
downgrade to 2.3.0 for the max binding

Log-File
11-Nov-2018 23:04:27.374 [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘maxSetTempWohnzimmer_2’ received command 18 °C

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

11-Nov-2018 23:04:27.375 [DEBUG] [.binding.max.internal.handler.MaxCubeBridgeHandler] - Removed Command id 1 (NEQ0667886-set_temp) from queue. Superceeded by 2

11-Nov-2018 23:04:27.377 [DEBUG] [.binding.max.internal.handler.MaxCubeBridgeHandler] - Command queued id 2 (NEQ0667886-set_temp:18 °C).

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

11-Nov-2018 23:04:27.381 [smarthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent ] - maxSetTempWohnzimmer_2 predicted to become 18 °C
11-Nov-2018 23:05:15.128 [DEBUG] [hab.binding.max.internal.handler.MaxDevicesHandler] - No changes for Thermostat Thermostat 1 (NEQ0667886) id: max:thermostat:Cube:Wohnzimmer_2

e.g. try changing the temp in boost mode, then switchning to manual:

11-Nov-2018 23:10:15.406 [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘maxSetTempWohnzimmer_3’ received command 18 °C
11-Nov-2018 23:10:15.412 [DEBUG] [.binding.max.internal.handler.MaxCubeBridgeHandler] - Removed Command id 4 (JEQ0691044-set_temp) from queue. Superceeded by 5
11-Nov-2018 23:10:15.416 [DEBUG] [.binding.max.internal.handler.MaxCubeBridgeHandler] - Command queued id 5 (JEQ0691044-set_temp:18 °C).
11-Nov-2018 23:10:15.424 [smarthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent ] - maxSetTempWohnzimmer_3 predicted to become 18 °C
11-Nov-2018 23:10:18.490 [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘maxModeWohnzimmer_3’ received command MANUAL
11-Nov-2018 23:10:18.494 [DEBUG] [.binding.max.internal.handler.MaxCubeBridgeHandler] - Command queued id 6 (JEQ0691044-mode:MANUAL).
11-Nov-2018 23:10:18.496 [smarthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent ] - maxModeWohnzimmer_3 predicted to become MANUAL
11-Nov-2018 23:10:22.496 [DEBUG] [.binding.max.internal.handler.MaxCubeBridgeHandler] - updates to MANUAL mode with temperature ‘17.0’

At the end the thermostat will always keep the same temperature…

Any Ideas ?

thx

This is due to a change wrt to the type of the channel. (normal numbers are ignored it seems, it only takes the new QuantityType )
To fix it, update your binding, delete your thing and add it again.

I tried this already, but I did again, still no change

update max binding
209 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.4.0.201809101528 │ org.openhab.binding.max

Delete max.things
and create new

still no way to change temperature neither by paper ui or sitemap

I can change the temperature using the maxcube libary directly in a bash script so it seems to be an openhab issue but I don’t have any idea how to find the problem ?

I Stumbled into the same problem.
Everything looks fine but setpoint is not executed by the cube.
Did recognize it today…:hushed:
openHAB 2.4.0~M5-1 (Milestone Build)

@tarabas, @BigMountainSki

Hi Michael, Hi Udo,

It seems like both of you are using a milestone or snapshot build. Today the openHAB 2.4.0 M6 milestone has been released. It contains a fix which hopefully solves your issues with the MAX! binding. Is one (or both) of you interested in upgrading and testing?

1 Like

Yes for sure!

243 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.4.0.M6 │ org.openhab.binding.max

And it worked!
After switching to M6 temperatures can be set again :slight_smile:

Perfekt! thx

Sounds great. Nice. :+1:

Thx!
I was able to uptdate today.
Working again - winter may come :cloud_with_snow:

Strange Behaviour: (solved)

I’ve 8 max eq3 thermostats with a max cube and I’m struggling with a “strange” behaviour

When changing set_temp e.g. of the thermostat in the kids room via paper_ui or sitemap not only the thermostat in the kids room is changing, but also the thermostat of the sleeping room…

All thermostats are set to manual
changing temp directly on the thermostat works fine

I’ve already
Reset the max cube and connected all thermostats new.

newly installed the binding
deleted my max.thing and max.item
set up new by paper_ui

still the same problem and no idea to find out whats wrong?

there seems to be no wrong link in openhab, all items fit to the correct thermostat
the thermostats in openhab fit to the configuration in the max cube (room/name)

Any ideas to find the root cause ?

After reckeck of the cube settings, i found the structure messed up :slightly_frowning_face:
So I moved all thermostates to the correct rooms and now it seem to work.

as often, the reason was sitting in front of the screen…