MELCloud Binding Mitubishi

I tried to install the MELCloud Binding but i couldn’t add Things to the Binding.
I can see the Binding under Configuration - Bindings.
These steps i have done:

Can anybody help me? Thank you!

I have deactivated the Amazon Echo Steuerung Binding, now it worked.
Strange.
Great Binding!

Continuing the discussion from MELCloud Binding Mitubishi:

Hello Luca
I installed the plugin on openhab to interface and control an ecodan air / water system with mac-567if-e interface
when I do the search it does not find the device
if I add it manually it doesn’t work
Thanks for your help

Ciao Luca
ho installato il plugin su openhab per interfacciare e controllare un sistema aria/acqua ecodan con interfaccia mac-567if-e
quando faccio la ricerca non trova il device
se lo aggiungo manualmente non funziona
grazie per l’aiuto

Pietro

Hi Pietro,

in previous versions only devices in main building and no area were listed.
I added listing of all devices and this was merged into master and present in release 2.3.
It lists my 3 AC devices just fine so you can give it a try.

bonjour a tous voila j’essais d’instaler la liaison mais je n’y arrive pas !
quelq’un peut il m’aider?

2019-08-31 07:05:28.646 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.melcloud-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT%20(1).jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.melcloud [237]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.gson; version="[2.8.0,3.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

Hi Vincent,
if you’re not using the 2.5 milestone release you need to install the dependencies manually to run 2.0+ versions.
You can also download an older version and this should work fine on openHAB 2.4.

désoler je n avais pas vu votre réponse
comment faire pour installer la version 2.5?
désoler je suis nouveau

Good morning all !
I have an ecodan air / water system with PAC-WF010-E interface
I installed thepluginhttps://github.com/lucacalcaterra/org.openhab.binding.melcloud/releases/download/2.1/org.openhab.binding.melcloud-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

when I do a search he finds my periphery:

in paper ui I see them online:

in my control I do not really know:

but then when I try to use it, what is it that I can tell me what I do wrong?

2019-10-17 13:23:35.853 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.handleCommand()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.melcloud.internal.handler.MelCloudDeviceHandler@98065b’: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 3 column 1 path $

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 3 column 1 path $

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:226) ~[254:com.google.gson:2.8.5]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:927) ~[254:com.google.gson:2.8.5]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:892) ~[254:com.google.gson:2.8.5]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:841) ~[254:com.google.gson:2.8.5]

at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:813) ~[254:com.google.gson:2.8.5]

at org.openhab.binding.melcloud.internal.api.MelCloudConnection.sendCommand(MelCloudConnection.java:134) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.melcloud.internal.handler.MelCloudAccountHandler.sendCommand(MelCloudAccountHandler.java:135) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.melcloud.internal.handler.MelCloudDeviceHandler.handleCommand(MelCloudDeviceHandler.java:191) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy142.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [259:org.openhab.binding.melcloud:2.5.0.201906261023]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 3 column 1 path $

at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.beginObject(JsonReader.java:385) ~[?:?]

at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:215) ~[?:?]

... 26 more

thank you for your answers!!!

Hi Vincent,

glad you managed to get the binding installed.
The current version only supports AC device and treats every device as such.
It tries to control your air / water system with the commands from an AC unit which won’t work.
There are 2 issues open on GitHub for this:

and a version with initial support for your device is linked into one of those issues.

I added a new build to this issue:

Works great, thank you!

Does this work with all Mitsu systems that use the WIFI interface?

EDIT: ONLY WORKS IN EU

Hi,

trying the heatpump build, added jar to addons folder, set permissions. It appears in PaperUI, configuration -> Bindings. When attempting to add Thing for Bridge in Paper UI, Inbox -> + -> MelCloud Binding, nothing appears on screen. Similarly, nothing appears in log files.

Any pointers?

It connect directly to MELCloud so the interface on the device shouldn’t matter.
At this point only AC devices and heatpumps are supported.
I’m interested why it doesn’t work for you outside EU.

did you first add a MELCloud Account?
Once you have added a MELCloud Account the supported devices in your account are discovered.

I have a melcloud account but there’s no thing visible for me to add detail too

in Inbox - + - MELCloud Binding you should have the MELCloud Account Thing:

once you added and configured this you can click the + again and start discovery of the actual Things.

Hi,

In Inbox - + - MELCloud Binding I see a page like:

huh… that’s interesting.
Can you check if you already have a “MELCloud account” thing in “Configuration - Things”?

If not, can you set debug level for the binding and check the logs when clicking on Inbox - + - MELCloud Binding?
I would expect to see something useful then.

ok I think I was getting screwed results due to how I was copying the jar in. I needed to chown it outside the addons directory and then move it in there.

Anyhow…
Is it possible to request some more channels for heat pumps as I see all the info in the json returned and shown in karaf debug?
Flow temps for all zones
outdoor temp
zone idle states?