Memory rising and dropping?

Hey I have 2.5.0m6 but the problem happened on m6 the memory is rising and then it drops… on version m4 not a problem. I did 3 clean installs switched from sd-card to ssd. The next I’m going to do is using my rpi with a clean install leave it without any addons and look if that also have the symptoms…
Using a rpi 4 2gb ram

The problem happened on m5 must that be. Sorry!! :see_no_evil:

Please add a list of your installed bindings

chromecast*, Domintell*,home connect*,icloud,lg webos,network,ntp,opentherm gateway*,somfytahoma*,spotify,system,weather company*, yamaha,zwave
*are bindings installed in the addons folder.

ip camera with the netty librarie i deleted but still the same problem so i added it again in the addons folder.

Does it still happen on m6? This thread was for m5 issues and should be locked, IMHO.

The picture is on the m6 version. But it started on m5 and I thought if I update maybe it will be gone.

Moved to own thread as the milestone threads are to identify critical issues for milestones (and in time before next).

So you see memory usage rise and drop. Now that’s fine, isn’t it ?
Where’s the problem in that ?

When did that start happening, what did you do right before it started, which version have you been on before ?
How to ask a good question / Help Us Help You - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

The problem is that after a while the mem goes to 100%. If it would be stable up and down I wouldn’t care about it :smile:.
Only one thing, the version from m4 to m5 and then it crashed and after that I see the mem rising and dropping. Then I changed from a pi 3b to a 4 2gb. Changed the extra java opts from 250 350 to 950 to 1024 (because I have enough memory). The problem stays…
Then clean installs, and Wednesday I will test with a pi running openhab without the bindings. Only the system one.

I’ve seen this behavior when there’s an invalid binding specified in addons.cfg. See here. Not sure if this is relevant to your situation.

I’ve not validated whether this problem still exists on recent snapshots, but I have no reason to believe it’s been fixed.

That could be the problem because after the crash I had to reinstall all my bindings again… so maybe their will be something wrong in that file. Now at work so first thing in the morning…

Just confirmed in build 1764 that the behavior still exists.

Also check that there’s nothing wrong in userdata/config/org/openhab/addons.config.

It should log an error “Failed installing …” every minute for this in 2.5.0 (see #459).

… assuming appropriate log levels are set. Probably should be the next thing to look after.

Hey, I watched the logging and after every reboot I see that the ip camera is failed to start;
2019-12-07 12:31:57.706 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.ipcamera-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.ipcamera [290]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.commons.collections.buffer; version="[3.2.0,4.0.0)
but that’s not in the addons.config file
other faults are from spotify ;
2019-12-08 07:52:58.079 [INFO ] [nternal.handler.SpotifyBridgeHandler] - Spotify returned an error during polling: java.io.EOFException: HttpConnectionOverHTTP@62be9c::DecryptedEndPoint@ad6543{api.spotify.com/35.186.224.53:443<->/192.168.0.50:43850,OPEN,fill=-,flush=P,to=10035/0}
2019-12-08 08:14:14.106 [INFO ] [nternal.handler.SpotifyBridgeHandler] - Spotify returned an error during polling: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
and chromecast
2019-12-08 00:03:34.491 [WARN ] [su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.Channel ] - Error while reading, caused by java.net.SocketException: No route to host (Read failed)
2019-12-08 00:03:34.494 [WARN ] [su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.Channel ] - <-- null payload in message.
But don’t think that has something to do with it.
So i’m going to try to remove the binding with the netty libraries. clear the cache and let you know how it went.

Hey guys, I found the problem! After I uninstalled the rest documentation from the user interface ophangen is running for 3 days without filling up de swap memory or the memory…