Mi Led Smart Bulb and OpenHab, do I need a Mi Hub?

Since I can control a Mi Led Smart Bulb directly from a smartphone app (Android > Mi Home), do I need a Mi Hub to control de bulb from OpenHab, or can it be controlled directly?

After configuring the lamp in the app, and after installing the Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Binding in OpenHab, the lamp is discovered by OH as a new thing (Xiaomi Mi Device 07FEC6A1). This made me super excited because I thought that it meant it would work without a hub. But the happiness was quickly gone! The status of the discovered thing is: Status: UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR, and even though I link the available channels to items, when I try, for example, to Power On or Off the lamp in the Control panel of PaperUI, nothing happens.

So these are my two questions:

• since OH detected the lamp without a hub, do I really need it?
  • if I don’t, how can I overcome the UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR problem?

Thank you very much!!

is it a yeelight?
than you can use the yeelight binding, if not try the mi io binding
bevore you need to enable the lan control (yeelight version in the yeelight app)

1 Like

Thank you very much! It worked!

As you suggested, I installed the Yeelight app and enabled Lan control. The yeeligh did the rest.

Answering your question: It is not a yeelight, but from what I’ve read, even though they have different names, the hardware is the same or at least, very similar. This is how Mi Led Smart Bulb looks like:

Once again, thank you very much!

1 Like