Mi(Xiaomi) Smart home bindings?

No it is the firmware problem, the gateway didn’t report or accept status change for the new switch.

We need to wait for the firmware fix from the manufacturer

But the switch works well with the gateway through the android application. I doubt that something will be changed. Does it not work in the application?

it works in the mobile application, the gateway just only not report nor accept status change via TCP/IP API

Can anyone please tell me how can I add multiple Xiaomi Home Gateway in OpenHab? I can add one gateway without any issue.

did you analyze the gateway traffic? tell me how to do it?

Hello, since the last update of MIhome I can not play the custom sounds of the “Gateway” in the OpenHAB developer mode. It happens to you too? Thank you,

hi, I did test it yesterday and I had the same problem…

Procedure is the same as with first gateway. Did this few weeks ago.
If you will create thing manually and move sensors from old to new gateway, do not forget to move thing to new “bridge” in thing file -> I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why sensors are offline after move to new gateway.

Could it be the last update of MIhome? It does not work on any of the two gateways

no idear, didn’t try it for months, it worked when I tested it about a year ago

Another questin on Xiaomi Mi binding. I got it up and running and now I’m wondering, whether the items will connect with each other (just like “pure” Zwave?) or do they only pair with the Gateway?
I’m wondering, because the place where I installed the Gateway and four temp/hum/pressure sensors is a bit tricky. I experience two Things:

1. the battery of one sensor (placed outside) drains significantly faster then the others.
  2. I experienced some dark areas, where I couldn’t see the sensors sending information to the Gateway

the first could be of the cold (-5°C) - so the other won’t contradict, because the dark areas areas would be covered by another sensor nearby with clear view of the gateway…

so long story short: do the smart home sensors only connect to the gateway or also within the mesh?

Thomas,
I seen on forums, that Xiaomi Zigbee Smart Power Plug should work as “repeater”, but my experience do not confirm this. So I end up buying second gateway.

1 Like

I have the same problems…

Sensor outside: very fast battery drain

Sensor far away from the gateway: not very frequent updates, most of the time i get no updates

Only way to solve the second problem: buy a second gateway and pair the “bad” sensor with this.

1 Like

It’s “only” our cottage, so I’m happy with the status-quo (I just wondered, if other sensors used the outdoor sensor for pairing, that’s why it drains faster). only problem is, we’re not regularly on site to change batteries. Perhaps I’ll take up the task and throw in a few onewire-cables, but I’ll see.

I guess, the two gateways don’t replicate each other, they’re two independent instances? Meaning you have to configure both seperate? And sensors can only be paired to one gateway each…?

Yes.

1 Like

Do anyone have same issue for Aqara 2ch Wall switch as me?
For CH1 (Left Button) when receiving command from Web or APP?
it will fire triple smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent.
So strange that it only happen on CH1, For example: When turn it ON through APP. it first call "Item Command Event with value ON " After that have ItemStateChangeEvent from OFF to ON as expected. But it then following with 2 more unexpected ItemStateChangeEvent ON to OFF then OFF to ON.

I doubt if my rule had some thing wrong, so I created a clean openhab without any rules for testing. But seems still have this problem. Any help?

Trace Log as below:

12:45:12.087 [TRACE] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Received event of type ‘ItemCommandEvent’ under the topic ‘smarthome/items/AqaraWallSwitch1/command’ with payload: ‘{“type”:“OnOff”,“value”:“ON”}’
12:45:12.088 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘AqaraWallSwitch1’ received command ON
12:45:12.097 [TRACE] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Received event of type ‘ItemStateChangedEvent’ under the topic ‘smarthome/items/AqaraWallSwitch1/statechanged’ with payload: ‘{“type”:“OnOff”,“val
ue”:“ON”,“oldType”:“OnOff”,“oldValue”:“OFF”}’
12:45:12.110 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - AqaraWallSwitch1 changed from OFF to ON
12:45:12.124 [TRACE] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Received event of type ‘ItemStateChangedEvent’ under the topic ‘smarthome/items/AqaraWallSwitch1/statechanged’ with payload: ‘{“type”:“OnOff”,“val
ue”:“OFF”,“oldType”:“OnOff”,“oldValue”:“ON”}’
12:45:12.129 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - AqaraWallSwitch1 changed from ON to OFF
12:45:12.383 [TRACE] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Received event of type ‘ItemStateChangedEvent’ under the topic ‘smarthome/items/AqaraWallSwitch1/statechanged’ with payload: ‘{“type”:“OnOff”,“val
ue”:“ON”,“oldType”:“OnOff”,“oldValue”:“OFF”}’
12:45:12.395 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - AqaraWallSwitch1 changed from OFF to ON

I will build some esp8266 based temp/humidity sensors for the “special places” like outdoor, garage, garden-house and so on, then i have a stable wireless conection and can power it with wires or with solar-powered powerbank.

With maybe a NodeMCU you even don´t have to solder very much. Only plug and play (and programm the NodeMCU at first).

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

Battery powered Xiaomi devices are not working as repeaters, only the mains powered ones.

Yesterday I installed xiaomi temp sensor to my garage and it went offline after 10mins, so i plugged the Xiaomi Smart Power Plug to toilet outlet near garage and it fixed the connection.

Need to do some more tests and install IKEA trådfri smart bulb to toilet which works as a repeater as well, but not sure are they communicating to each other… both are zigbee but Xiaomi system is somehow modded?

Actually i have a working temp sensor at my downstairs lounge which is about 15m away and under thick concrete floor. Between this sensor and gateway are lots of Ikea smart lights and i assume that those are repeating that communication.

1 Like

Sounds very interesting… Can you make some tests, if the ikea tradfri bulbs can really work as a repeater even for xiaomi devices (especially temp/humidity sensors)?

And can you tell us, which xiaomi smart power plug you are using? Is there a version for EU too or only for china socket outlets?

The outlet only has Chinese outlets. You have to buy an adapter (or attach EU ones).
Thing is, I don’t see some management of the connections in the miHome app, so I guess testing it is nearly impossible… You have to be sure, the device isn’t connecting to the gateway anymore and you must place then the trådfri in between… ?