Miele Cloud-binding

This is actually pretty well documented on the Miele 3rd Party API Swagger.

Thanks! Somehow, I have missed this section of the swagger. I was probably too focused on the “Authorization” documentation. Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi Jens,

Thanks. I still couldn’t get any input fields to appear, but suddenly yesterday it started working. I got registered, and binding is now working.

I read somewhere about limitations when using XGW3000 with this binding. What kind of limitations can be expected? I have three devices currently configured with ZigBee modules and one device with built-in Wi-Fi (dishwasher). My dishwasher transfers a lot of data, but I haven’t analyzed it yet, so I don’t know if it only communicates with Miele Cloud through the gateway, or directly through the Internet and keeping the gateway updated at the same time?

/Jacob

Hi all,
sorry for the dump question, but the bridge creation is still confusing for me.

I have tocreate a new thing file with the content (Thing Configuration):

Bridge mielecloud:account:home [ accessToken=“DE_1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuv”, locale=“en” ]

But where does the accessToken comes from?

mielecloud:account:home

This is the BridgeID, right?

BR
Tobias

Edit: Ok got it. Just any BridgeID

hello and thanks for this binding

I noticed that drying_target is not available on the washer-dryer Waschtrockner WTH730

greetings
Mario

Hi all,

this binding was released just in time to persuade me to buy a compatible Miele model after our previous washing machine broke after 20 years.
The machine arrived in the morning and by early afternoon, I already had the data on our KNX display unit in our hallway (MDT Glass Push Button II Smart).

I found the installation of the binding straightforward, but I had to install “gson-2.8.5.jar” via the karaf console as per https://community.openhab.org/t/problem-dependencies/73037/2 in order to get it to work (I’m likely not running the most recent version of OpenHAB).

Thanks a lot for all your hard work!

André

We discussed this and plan to continue development against openHAB 2.5.x until the binding is feature complete in terms of what @BertP announced. This milestone will soon be reached, probably with the beta.3 release. As new bindings are unlikely to be merged into the 2.5.x branch of the openhab-addons GitHub repository, we will contribute the binding officially for openHAB 3.0 (see here for details). We will thus likely provide a beta.4 version that is equal in functionality to beta.3 but targets openHAB 3.0 instead. We do not plan to provide beta versions for openHAB 2.5.x and 3.0 at the same time. From a user’s perspective you will thus have to use the beta.3 binding for openHAB 2.5.x and after switching to openHAB 3.0 rely on either beta.4 (or later) or eventually the official release version.

You discovered a bug on Miele’s form, which we were able to reproduce. As you already noticed, this has been fixed in the meantime.

In case you didn’t figure it out in the meantime: The access token is generated by the binding and will be displayed along with a .things file template once the bridge / account authorization is completed. In order to configure the account you need to go to https://<your openHAB address>/mielecloud in your browser and then follow the instructions. A detailed walk-through of the authorization can be found in the documentation.

Seems to be the same problem as described in #4. We’ll have a look at this.

2 Likes

Hi @BjoernLange,
Sorry for pushing on this but you undoubtly realized that I’m very passionate about these features that I like a lot in my daily usage of the Miele devices :slight_smile:
What is the status regarding the TwinDos / AutoDos feature requests?

Besides the general value of being able to manage your consumables in a Smart Setup, these great features are main differentiators and key drivers why people buy Miele products. It would be a bit disappointing not to have them covered by a Miele smart solution.

1 Like

I’m happy to announce that we released a the beta.3 version and opened the PR for the official contribution of the binding today. Unfortunately we do not consider the openHAB 3.0 version of our binding stable with the latest milestone build 3.0.0.M3. Because of this, we have not provided a beta version targeting openHAB 3.0 yet. We hope that we can provide a beta version which we consider stable once the next milestone build is released.

The release notes explain how to migrate from an earlier version. With this release we drop the recommendation to use UI configuration (e.g. with the PaperUI) over .things-file based configuration because we finally dropped the accessToken configuration parameter in favor of a read-only property.

The development team again wants to thank all participants of the beta for testing and their valuable feedback. We hope that we are providing a binding that is a valuable extension to the openHAB ecosystem.

2 Likes

I’m happy to announce that we released version beta.4 today. This is the first version targeting openHAB 3.0, it does not work with openHAB 2.5.x. Milestone build 3.0.0.M4 is required to run the binding, it is not stable on 3.0.0.M3 or earlier!

For migration from beta.3 and openHAB 2.5.x to beta.4 and openHAB 3.0, we recommend to set up a new bridge with the configuration UI and then continue depending on your prior configuration. If you were using UI-based configuration and want to continue to do so you will likely need to reconfigure all things, items and channel links. If you were using .things-file based configuration then you may continue using your configuration files.

1 Like

Hi @BjoernLange,
Thank you for the binding!

Can you tell me if you have any plans for the 3rd party API to be able to select a specific program for ovens like it’s possible to do in the app? Any roadmap that can be shared?

Hi,

I wanted to define a rule that calculates the end time of the cycle based on the current time + the program remaining time. The appliance is a washing machine.

My idea was the following, item wm_endzeit should give the estimated end time:

wm_endzeit.postUpdate(new DateTime((now.millis) + (wm_program_remaining_time.state as Number) * 1000).toString)

However, this does not work, in the log file I can see the following error: No instant converter found for type: java.math.BigDecimal

I am using openHAB 2.5.

What do I do wrong? Any help is highly appreciated!

THX!
NP

Hi @np123 . I posted the answer for you in a separate topic because I’ve been asked this question in private messages before and to keep this thread on topic. – Jens.

Thanks for your contribution of this binding! It’s installed and running well. I’m happy to finally have my dishwasher integrated into openHAB!

I left a few review comments on the PR related to logging at info level versus debug level. In general, logging of normal operational behavior should be done at debug level, not info level. At info level, the binding currently spams the openhab log file with lots of log messages.

2 Likes

Thanks for the great work from this side as well. I can confirm that a KFN 37432 iD Fridge Freezer can read these data points: info state, door state, door alarm state, fridge setpoint, freezer setpoint, fridge current temp, freezer current temp and can read and write the super freeze, super chill states for the freezer and fridge.

@BjoernLangeI tried to install the binding. API registration is done, but OH is not able to load the binding, because of the missing oauth2 feature:

2021-01-10 00:17:14.367 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.mielecloud-1.0.0-beta.4.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.mielecloud [323]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.auth.client.oauth2

Which feature:install is required? (I have not installed myopenhab.org support)
I need the name of the dependency you added to feature.xml

Are there plans to share the binding code? It’s very unusual to have closed source bindings.

Hi,

The beta4 of the miele binding is intended ONLY for OH 3.x !

Use beta3 if you are on OH 2.5 (your directory naming /usr/share/openhab2/addons… shows that you are not using OH3.0.

Best regards
Stefan

hmm, may opinion: way to early, but I try beta 3. That means that the binding will not become available for OH 2.5?

It’s possible to have the source code compatible for both build environments. That’s what I do with Shelly, MagentaTV and GREE versions of the binding. A script copies between both build directory and does the find&replace on the namespaces. This caused a one-time effort.

I think it’s to early to focus on OH3 for bindings even new ones, bvecause > 90% of the people with stay on 2.5 for a while (6 month) before moving to OH3. Like me: of course I’m playing with it, but my prod environment stays on 2.5, because it’s a lot of effort transforming to a new environment given one grown over the last 2 years.

I’ll try beta 3.

I’m still struggeling with the setup.

• The binding jar was copied to the addons folder and shows up under bundle:list
  • I added a thing for an Overn, locale=de
  • I launched 127.0.0.1:8080/mielecloud entered clientid and secret
  • I used the last 8 digits of the bridge Id and “Miele Deutschland”
  • I’m entering the same credentials as I used in the App
  • and get a “Kontoverknüpfung fehlgeschlagen” (unable to link account)

I already tried to change my password, so I’m sure I use the correct credentials. I also tried to remove the + sign from my password (requires URL encoding), but also doesn’t work. I enabled DEBUG on the OH console “log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.mielecloud”, but see no output in log:tail.

Any idea?

Hi, just to keep the info flowing I did get beta 3 working in 2.3, but moved to OH3 as I wanted the latest Rev of the binding. From memory I had to use incognito mode in chrome on a mac with 2.3, as I did get some strange issues. Worst case reset password, reboot openHAB, and try in incognito mode. It took me a few attempts but I got there in the end on that Rev.

Also they have opened the source I miss-understood that, have a look on this new feature request here: Feature request: Implement target temperature actions for type=21 · Issue #17 · BjoernLange/openhab-miele-cloud-binding-beta · GitHub

It has links to the source code, and the PR it’s currently undergoing to get into the main repo’s.

@markus7017: See above :slight_smile:

maybe I’m dumb, but that’s my situation

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-10 um 19.52.12

@dagoodyear still having problems