Migrated from 2.5 to 3. Log filling with errors every minute

Hello,

I migrated from 2.5 to 3.0 this morning. I’m getting the same errors repeating every minute in my log and can’t think of where to start troubleshooting this. Anyone run into this yet?

2020-12-23 12:17:38.507 [ERROR] [rg.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils] - No message body reader has been found for class java.lang.String, ContentType: application/octet-stream

2020-12-23 12:17:38.524 [WARN ] [s.impl.WebApplicationExceptionMapper] - javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException: HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.readFromMessageBody(JAXRSUtils.java:1382)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.processRequestBodyParameter(JAXRSUtils.java:877)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.processParameters(JAXRSUtils.java:822)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.processRequest(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:214)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.handleMessage(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:78)

at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:308)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:267)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:234)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:208)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:160)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFNonSpringServlet.invoke(CXFNonSpringServlet.java:216)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:301)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doPut(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:237)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:276)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:852)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:544)

at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:536)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:235)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1581)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:233)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1307)

at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:293)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:188)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:482)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1549)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:186)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1204)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)

at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:494)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:374)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:268)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:103)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:336)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:313)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:171)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:129)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:367)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:782)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:918)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ryan

I figured this out after a while today. This was caused by a python script that was posting updates to the OpenHAB REST API to update three items whenever their values changed. It’s my kegerator monitor posting keg temperature, weight, and calculated beer remaining to OpenHAB so I can monitor the supply and chart it. With OpenHAB 3 apparently I needed to start using the Bearer token to authorize the PUT request to the API. Previously, with OH 2.5 I didn’t need to auth anything, just PUT away.

The issue is that your scripts need to set the content type header. E.g.

requests.put(url, "ON", headers={'Content-type': 'text/plain'})
1 Like