Migrating from homegear to CCU2 ("Channel not found for datapoint")

i tried to migrate my homematic things from homegear to CCU2 thing by thing and i’m facing a problem right with the first thing. It does not show any channels after adding it:

In log i found this information:

2020-03-05 14:10:34.846 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'MEQ0364691:1#STATE'

2020-03-05 14:10:34.880 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'MEQ0364691:1#LOWBAT'

What did i do so far?
I have added the new CCU2 as thing - worked
I removed the HM-SEC_Sco sensor thing - worked
I removed that sensor from the homegear bridge - worked
I have added the sensor to the new CCU2 after a factory reset - worked
After scanning it apears in the PaperUI Inbox and i added the new thing - worked but without channels :frowning:

I tried to remove everything again, cleaning OH cache, adding everything again, still the same problem.
I “reloaded all from gateway” with the gateway extras, still the same problem

Anyone any more ideas?

My setup:
openHAB 2.5.0 Release Build
on RPi 3

Here is what happend during adding the new thing from the inbox:

2020-03-05 20:15:47.420 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Loaded device 'MEQ0364691' (HM-Sec-SCo) with 29 datapoints

2020-03-05 20:15:47.449 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'homematic:HM-Sec-SCo:LEQ1273398:MEQ0364691' to inbox.

2020-03-05 20:15:47.450 [home.event.InboxAddedEvent] - Discovery Result with UID 'homematic:HM-Sec-SCo:LEQ1273398:MEQ0364691' has been added.

2020-03-05 20:15:57.303 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Loaded device 'MEQ0364691' (HM-Sec-SCo) with 29 datapoints

2020-03-05 20:16:43.638 [me.event.InboxRemovedEvent] - Discovery Result with UID 'homematic:HM-Sec-SCo:LEQ1273398:MEQ0364691' has been removed.

2020-03-05 20:16:43.646 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'homematic:HM-Sec-SCo:LEQ1273398:MEQ0364691' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2020-03-05 20:16:43.678 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Loading values for channel HmChannel[number=0,type=MAINTENANCE,initialized=false] of device 'MEQ0364691'

2020-03-05 20:16:43.712 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'homematic:HM-Sec-SCo:LEQ1273398:MEQ0364691' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2020-03-05 20:16:43.712 [DEBUG] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Initializing thing 'homematic:HM-Sec-SCo:LEQ1273398:MEQ0364691' from gateway 'LEQ1273398'

2020-03-05 20:16:43.857 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'homematic:HM-Sec-SCo:LEQ1273398:MEQ0364691' has been updated.

2020-03-05 20:16:43.856 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Loading values for channel HmChannel[number=-1,type=HM-Sec-SCo,initialized=false] of device 'MEQ0364691'

2020-03-05 20:16:43.890 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Loading values for channel HmChannel[number=1,type=SHUTTER_CONTACT,initialized=false] of device 'MEQ0364691'

2020-03-05 20:16:43.927 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'homematic:HM-Sec-SCo:LEQ1273398:MEQ0364691' has been updated.

Everything looks normal to me. Even log spokes from channel and datapoints, but still i can’t see anything in PaperUI

I tried to add the thing manually now and for some reason i have two options for adding a window sensor:

I don’t know why, but i tried both. The second one results in “no channels” and the first one worked and channels are listed now but it still seems to be the homegear thing, because the item get’s named -> homematic:HG-HM-Sec-SCo…

Maybe some Homegear thing and bridge definitions were not deleted completely from the internal JSONDB. You could try and remove the content of the jsondb folder. But this will delete every definition made in Paper UI. You could also grep the files for old Homegear definitions (the ones with HG) and remove them carefully from the JSONDB.

So you mean i can‘t do a step by step (thing by thing) migration with both bridges registered in openhab?

I am not sure because I have the impression that sometimes things are not removed completely from the internal storage.

You could try it this way:

  • Remove all item definitions of the thing in Paper UI (otherwise the thing will not be completely removed)
  • Remove the thing in Paper UI (you could also grep the JSONDB files for the device id and remove any existing entries).
  • Remove the device in Homegear
  • Add the device in the CCU
  • Start a new discovery in Paper UI

I‘ll try this. Thank you for the advice

I stopped investigating on this. I had found some old channellinks and removed them from jsonDB, restarted, cleaned cache etc. but the problem still remains.
So i continued my whole migration plan and moved openhab to windows without the homematic things and reconfigured everything on CCU2 and the windows environment.
Everything is now perfectly running.
Sorry for not solving the initial problem, but i did not want to spent much more time on it.
Thank you anyway.