Migrating Locks from 1.8 to 2.0

I’m starting to migrate my 1.8 configs over to 2.0 and running into a few problems (Specifically related to Schlage BE469 Deadbolts).

They were previously paired on my 1.8 install, I copied over my networkKey to OH2 zwave binding in Habmin and it discovered 2 of my 3 locks. My third lock keeps reporting as unknown, the openhab.log states this

NODE 9: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0

I’ve tried waiting a long time, waking up the problematic lock by locking/unlocking it manually and still no luck. Do i need to remove the locks and re-add them under OpenHAB2?

I don’t want to lose my inclusions as i am using 1.8 as my production environment, and when testing i shut down OH1.8 and fire up OH2.0 to work on my migration.

One other thing i noticed is that in my /var/lib/openhab2/zwave i do not have node9.xml and node10.xml for my other two locks… meaning i cant add custom usercodes in the xml files. Do these only get created at secure inclusion?

Can i copy over my node9/10.xml’s from my OH1.8 install ?

best bet: remove the locks and re-add them
and yes: you CAN copy the xml files, but its not guaranteed that Habmin in OH2 is using the same node-IDs

You can copy the XMLs, but it almost certainly won’t work since the format is slightly different. This will be detected by OH2, and it will then ignore the XML.

This is guaranteed - the nodes will definately be the same since this comes from the controller - not the binding.

Locks are not currently supported in the OH2 ZWave binding - it will likely be a while before this is added to the master branch…

However, I’m about to make a test binding available that does have security, and in this case you should be able to delete the XML, and just copy over the security key to OH2 (it’s added under the controller configuration). The OH2 binding should re-establish the secure connection with the lock. Stay tuned for information on the test version in the coming days.

Thanks for the correction Chris, this was new to me

Thanks for the update/clarification on this Chris.

I’ll be happy to test the new OH2 Zwave binding against my locks when you release it.

I will also be down with testing out the OH2 binding, I tried swapping my current OH2 binding for the 1x binding that has support but the errors were many since all my Things and channels were already set up with the OH2 binding.

In the meantime, since I had excluded the lock device whilst fiddling, I put the zstick back in my OH1 machine and re-included my Schlage lock using OH1, made sure I could lock/unlock it from OH1 and then plugged it back into OH2 (I downgraded to the Zwave 1.9 binding and removed all my things so I could get my ZCOMBO smoke alarms to work correctly) and that didn’t seem to work, The network key is the same and I confirmed it was loaded for the binding in karaf, so unless there is something else I need to do I guess I’ll wait until the OH2 binding supports Locks and fixes the smoke alarm issue I reported elsewhere.

oddly enough, it didn’t create a node68.xml

this is whats in the log

2017-01-17 17:03:31.794 [INFO ] [age.SerialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - NODE 68: Node found
2017-01-17 17:03:35.830 [INFO ] [mmandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 68: setupNetworkKey useSchemeZero=false
2017-01-17 17:03:40.961 [ERROR] [curityCommandClassWithInitialization] - NODE 68: Invalid state! secure inclusion has not completed and we are not in inclusion mode, aborting
2017-01-17 17:16:06.200 [ERROR] [ocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 68: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 2 attempts left!
2017-01-17 17:16:06.202 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 68: Got an error while sending data. Resending message.
2017-01-17 17:16:11.211 [ERROR] [ocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 68: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 1 attempts left!
2017-01-17 17:16:11.212 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 68: Got an error while sending data. Resending message.
2017-01-17 17:16:16.215 [ERROR] [ocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 68: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 0 attempts left!
2017-01-17 17:16:16.217 [ERROR] [l.serialmessage.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 68: Got an error while sending data. Resending message.
2017-01-17 17:16:21.224 [WARN ] [ocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 68: Too many retries. Discarding message: Message: class = SendData (0x13), type = Request (0x00), payload = 44 02 62 02 , callbackid = 76

also, if anyone knows how I could use the 1.9 binding with OH2 to perform the secure inclusion, that would be great. I’ve spent all day trying to figure out a way to do this, but paperUI and Habmin don’t support the 1.9 binding and i’ve tried to install Habmin 1.7 (the one on my OH1 install) but it has dependency issues and fails to activate. Is there any way from Karaf or some other backdoor to put the 1.9 binding into inclusion mode?

ah, I moved the node68.xml file to the OH2 server and that was the missing piece. It all works now :slight_smile: