Migration from OH 2 to 3 including server change

Hi,
my RaspberryPi (OH2) is broken so I setup an VM with Ubuntu and installed OH 3 from scratch.
The Z-Wave stick is connected via SEH utnserver pro.

The Z-Wave controller is working and all things are added to OH3 via scan with activities on the devices (from controller cache?).

Unfortunately only the Spirit Thermostat is recocnized. All other things are unkown devices in the web ui.

This are two repeaters and some vibaro door sensors and others.

How can i get the correct device types back?

Kind regards,
Tolotos

If they are battery powered devices you need to wake them up, sometimes multiple times, to give the controller a chance to interrogate it and learn what it is. If they were securely included devices, you need to get the Network Security Key from your old installation and set that on the Controller Thing in your new OH installation.

I opened an closed my windows for several hours now - no change. The controller LED don’t flash when the window sensors indicating communication. Even powered devices (switches) don’ communicate with the controller.

I tried a hard reset of the controller and found logs like this for the devices:

2021-03-05 21:05:07.370 [ERROR] [alization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer] - NODE 3: Error in initialization thread

java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.FutureTask@450f011[Not completed, task = org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager$1TransactionWaiter@6f74c4] rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@41527eff[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 173]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:2055) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:825) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1355) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:140) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager.sendTransactionAsync(ZWaveTransactionManager.java:1191) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager.sendTransaction(ZWaveTransactionManager.java:1203) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.sendTransaction(ZWaveController.java:532) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.processTransaction(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:291) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.processTransaction(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:264) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.doInitialStages(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:442) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer$1.run(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:188) [bundleFile:?]

For most battery operated devices, triggering the device is not the same as waking it up. Triggering it will just send it’s basic payload to the controller. Waking it up will cause it to send a special message to the controller to initiate bidirectional communication and configuring. Refer to the docs for each of your devices to see what the wake up action is (usually some small button to click some number of times).

I had no trouble getting my mains powered devices updated to 3.0, but depending on what version of OH2 you were running the thing definitions might just be out of date. Try deleting OH things (do not exclude the devices from the controller) and rediscovering them through the inbox.

I think a hard reset basically factory resets the controller. So you’ll need to re-add all your devices back to the controller.

I wouldn’t be surprised if those errors are because the Zwave binding is now trying to deal with Things that are connected to nodes that no longer exist on the controller. That would explain why your powered switches no longer communicate with the controller also.