Mihome binding error

Hi there, i’m having trouble with xiaomi binding, i have installed new java 1.8.0_151 and after the reboot i got this:

18:10:37.087 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while calling handler: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.executeDirectly(SafeMethodCaller.java:220)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.callAsynchronous(SafeMethodCaller.java:189)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:83)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:67)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.receiveCommand(ThingManager.java:374)[105:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.b5]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.events.AbstractItemEventSubscriber.receive(AbstractItemEventSubscriber.java:47)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.OSGiEventManager$1.call(OSGiEventManager.java:192)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.events.OSGiEventManager$1.call(OSGiEventManager.java:1)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller$CallableWrapper.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:181)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_151]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_151]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_151]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_151]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.openhab.binding.mihome.internal.EncryptionHelper.encrypt(EncryptionHelper.java:69)[207:org.openhab.binding.mihome:2.1.0]
at org.openhab.binding.mihome.internal.EncryptionHelper.encrypt(EncryptionHelper.java:42)[207:org.openhab.binding.mihome:2.1.0]
at org.openhab.binding.mihome.handler.XiaomiBridgeHandler.getEncryptedKey(XiaomiBridgeHandler.java:290)[207:org.openhab.binding.mihome:2.1.0]
at org.openhab.binding.mihome.handler.XiaomiBridgeHandler.createDataJsonString(XiaomiBridgeHandler.java:276)[207:org.openhab.binding.mihome:2.1.0]
at org.openhab.binding.mihome.handler.XiaomiBridgeHandler.writeToBridge(XiaomiBridgeHandler.java:272)[207:org.openhab.binding.mihome:2.1.0]
at org.openhab.binding.mihome.handler.XiaomiActorGatewayHandler.writeBridgeLightColor(XiaomiActorGatewayHandler.java:183)[207:org.openhab.binding.mihome:2.1.0]
at org.openhab.binding.mihome.handler.XiaomiActorGatewayHandler.writeBridgeLightColor(XiaomiActorGatewayHandler.java:179)[207:org.openhab.binding.mihome:2.1.0]
at org.openhab.binding.mihome.handler.XiaomiActorGatewayHandler.execute(XiaomiActorGatewayHandler.java:68)[207:org.openhab.binding.mihome:2.1.0]
at org.openhab.binding.mihome.handler.XiaomiDeviceBaseHandler.handleCommand(XiaomiDeviceBaseHandler.java:97)[207:org.openhab.binding.mihome:2.1.0]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$4.call(ThingManager.java:377)[105:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.b5]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$4.call(ThingManager.java:1)[105:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.b5]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.executeDirectly(SafeMethodCaller.java:218)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
… 12 more

CC: @dimalo @pboos
I think it would be best to submit an issue on GitHub for that.

before doing that please check if your key is still there… I am not sure if this relates to the new java version at all.

1 Like

Checked and key is still there… Also removed every things, uninstalled and reinstalled the binding… Handler missing errore on things in initializzation :confused:
If i try to send command to the gateway (online) i receive the error on the first post :confused:

ok thanks for trying!
could you please try the 2.2.0 snapshot version? just to make sure I am looking at the code you are actually running…
if the problem is still there then you can open an issue on github.

Solved, for no reason after java updated the new exec wasn’t on windows firewall DMZ.
Thanks for the help!!

p.s. can’t execute openhab 2.2 for the following error:
“could not resolve mvn:org.eclipse.tycho/org.eclipse.osgi/3.10.101.v20150820-1432”