Milight RGB strips

Hi,

I’m new to openHAB, but so far have got a Wemo switch and some MQTT based sensors working fine. I’m having real problems getting anything to work with my Milight RGB strips though.

I’m running OpenHAB2-snapshot (as of 29 August 2016)

In the paperUI the milight bridge and color group are showing online:
Milight Bridge ACCF2353D3CE ONLINE
Milight Bridge
milight:bridge:ACCF2353D3CE

Color group 1 ONLINE
RGB Led
milight:rgbLed:ACCF2353D3CE:7

In my items file I have:
Color RGBLight {channel=“milight:rgbLed:ACCF2353D3CE:7:ledcolor”}

and in the sitemap::
Colorpicker item=RGBLight icon=“slider”

The log shows the following when I select a colour in the basic UI:
16:35:02.149 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Light_Party’ received command 114,72,50
16:35:02.206 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Light_Party changed from NULL to 114,72,50
16:35:03.578 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Light_Party’ received command 114,72,85
16:35:03.607 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Light_Party changed from 114,72,50 to 114,72,85

milight.cfg includes:
rgbLed.host=192.168.X.XXX
rgbLed.port=8899

but still no colour change? I’m at a loss to see what I’m missing? Any suggestions appreciated

Hi!

Are you sure you are using the most recent binding and not an older one? I use milight too (bulbs though, no strip) and I don’t remember having to edit a milight.cfg file.

My configuration for two channels of RGBW bulbs is as follows:

conf/services/milight.things

Bridge milight:bridge:mibridge1 [ADDR=“192.168.99.52”, ID=“ACCF23A6D2CC” ]
{
//Thing whiteLed 0
//Thing whiteLed 1
//Thing whiteLed 2
//Thing whiteLed 3
//Thing whiteLed 4
//Thing rgbLed 5
//Thing rgbLed 6
Thing rgbLed 7
Thing rgbLed 8
//Thing rgbLed 9
//Thing rgbLed 10
}

conf/services/milight.items

Group gMiLight

Color miRGB1_Color “Arbeitszimmer Deckenlicht” (gMiLight) { channel=“milight:rgbLed:mibridge1:7:ledcolor” }
Color miRGB2_Color “Arbeitszimmer Eckstrahler” (gMiLight) { channel=“milight:rgbLed:mibridge1:8:ledcolor” }

That’s all I need to use two groups of RGBW bulbs. I don’t have a strip but you’ll probably need another subthing on the gateway thing for it?

Hello. Have you found a solution to your problem?
I also have a MiLight iBox2 and a MiLight FUT038. In Openhab2 everything is online. Unfortunately, my stripes do not happen at all.

I have the same Problem at the moment.
I also have a MiLight iBox2 and a MiLight FUT038.

Have you found a solution?

@Felix_Raetz
@algermi
@CreedyNZ

If you want to get milight globes and strips working there is now a new binding that works with an open source hub.

See here

1 Like

Thanks @matt1!
I recycled the overpriced IBox 2 and implement your solution.
Everything works as expected.

1 Like