Mios binding not 'seeing' Kwikset lock button

I’m using openHAB2 (upgraded from 1.8 after a spectacular SD card failure) and the Mios binding configured with a Vera Lite running the latest firmware. Almost everything is working; I used the item generation scripts, huge thanks for that!

The one signal I’m not getting is the Lock Button presses. The generated binding is here:

{mios="unit:house,device:58/service/DoorLock1/sl_LockButton"}

The Vera has presses of this button in it’s event log, so I know it’s actively tracking it. I’m at a loss as to how to get that signal over to OH through the binding.

I can manually modify the variable in Luup, and it triggers an event in the log for the Lock in it’s Log section. I used this url on the Vera’s ip to modify the variable:

curl "http://<myVeraIp>:49451/data_request?id=lu_variableset&DeviceNum=58&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1&Variable=sl_LockButton&Value=0

Here’s the log description from Vera if that helps (masked system name and id):
The “Lock” button was pressed on “Kwikset Door Lock” in room “1 Downstairs” at 2016-10-24 09:01:36. Reported by serial #111111111. Alert #6091488462

Is there some log debugging I can turn on in OH2 to get the detailed mios logs that I used to be able to get in OH1? I’m assuming with that we could get to the source of the issue quickly.

Any help appreciated!

There will be an internal version of this on Vera itself in [it’s Logs] (Logs - MiOS) under:

/var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log

From that, you should be able to extract a small snippet of the log containing the events that occurred during the manual activation of the Lock. You’ll want to put Vera into Verbose Logging mode first so you’ll capture more details.

If you PM me copies of the following, then I should be able to work out what’s going on:

• your MiOS user_data.xml (the one used to generate the openHAB Items file)
  • a copy of the snippet of MiOS LuaUPnP.log

curl "http://&lt;myVeraIp&gt;:49451/data_request?id=lu_variableset&DeviceNum=58&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1&Variable=sl_LockButton&Value=0

That’ll set the Variable in Vera, but it won’t change the state of the Lock itself. Generally that’ll need you to call the specific action on the target object.

You can get a set of those actions by using MiOS’s invoke:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Requests#invoke

Here’s a thread on how to enable DEBUG logging in a binding under OH2:

Ok, I think I got the logs you requested PM’d… Let me know if anything is missing!

Will do, work is very busy ATM so may be the weekend before I can review.

@javamatte,
Based upon the data you PM’d, you should have an openHAB Item definition like the following (but on a single line)

Number   KwiksetDoorLockslLockButton "Kwikset Door Lock Lock Button [%d]"
 (GDevices,GRoom1)
 {mios="unit:test,device:58/service/DoorLock1/sl_LockButton"}

When you locked the Door, your sample MiOS LuaUPnP.log snippet showed the sl_LockButton variable changing it’s value (from 1, to 1, but a change none-the-less)

06 10/26/16 10:34:39.906 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 58
 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1 variable: sl_LockButton
 was: 1 now: 1 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0
 v:0x.../DL_LOCK_BUTTON duplicate:0 <0x...>

If MiOS is doing the right thing, this should be transmitted as a change to the MiOS Binding, and there should be an openHAB events.log entry like:

06 10/26/16 10:34:39 - KwiksetDoorLockslLockButton state updated to 1

If that event-log entry is missing, then you can enable TRACE logging on the MiOS Binding. It’ll dump even more information, and that can be used to see if the value is being sent over to openHAB from MiOS.